Turbo Install

05Supersmoker

West Texas Diesel Perf.
I am getting ready to replace a turbo on an 05. What is the best way to remove the manifold to turbo bolts?? Any input will help
Thanks,Cody

The oil return bolts are a pain in the dick. But the best way to get at the uppipe bolts is by pulling the down pipe out and put a breaker bar through the passengers wheelwell.

Getting the heat sheild out of the top is a PITA, also getting the down pipe out of the back of the turbe is a pain as well,a big hammer and a long chisel help for this! Pull the inner fenders out to get the lower up pipe bolts and most of the upper up pipe bolts to, the up pipes have to come off to get to the drain bolts! youll need a 12pt12mm deepwell socket for a couple of them. The oil drain stays atatched to the turbo till its out, just pull the two nuts off it ontop of the bellhousing.

Good luck!

turbo is out and the new ATS4000 is back in. But now the A/C hose sits on top of the exhaust housing. Going to have to do a little fabing to make it work.

The alum. ends will bend enough to get up away from the housing thats all i did, but i wraped it with some heat wrap as well just for insurance!

The alum. ends will bend enough to get up away from the housing thats all i did, but i wraped it with some heat wrap as well just for insurance!

X2 It should move enough to clear just fine

well we didnt feel comfortable with the way the line was sitting so we just took it and shortend the line by 6inches.. Hopefully that will work a little better.