Turbo noise & not the good kind...

SLVRBullet

i just installed an HTT 64/65/13 SS along with an ATS 2nd gen intake last friday.... i followed install directions to the T, and since the very first spin around the block this turbo has been making this noise & at first i thought it may be the wastegate opening/leaking or turbo bark....but i just have no idea whats going on with it. There is this god awful intermitent noise when ever the TC locks up....b4 anyone says it...this was not a sound i have EVER heard from the truck before.... i thought maybe a bolt was loose & the sound i was hearing was due to boost escaping through a fitting,clamp etc...but i have been over every bolt top to bottom at least a dozen times & they are all tight. if i get into the throttle hard it will not do it.....seems only to do it when i`m just cruising around. I have checked the shaft for play & it seems to be pretty sloppy side to side but Wally says thats just the way s300`s are. It almsot sounds like a slight grinding sound almost like the wheel is getting into the housing or even a bad bearing....I dont know i`m so sick of it... i just need it fixed already. I`m just looking for some thoughts/ideas.....HELP please

it's compressor surge...

only way to fix it is to lock out OD and drive around it or get a turbo that's less surge prone...

big compressor, small turbine w/ an automatic = surge monster

if you've been barking the snot out of it, you might have already jacked up the bearings