Turbo question? hx 40 pro ...super 60

probly add some more fuel with .022's or .024's i have the exact same setup, minus the inj. pump (mine is a 160)

i would think you need more fuel just cause with the super 40 i am clearing up ok.

im trying the same thing too, 500hp on a super 40 :evil:ft:

and maybe?
:nos:

I am not sure what injector numbers that means. I have the 75 hp injectors right now. From ddp what injectors do you suggest?

Not anymore i dont think. their facebook page said they just got in their new nozzles on friday.

the super 40 is a decent turbo if you can get it cheap... you'll prefer a 16cm housing vs. the 18 though :eek:

True

The HX40 is an alright turbo. You need a 16cm housing though. The 18cm wont be much fun.

Eric

True

Well I tried the hx40 pro. It is very close to the stock turbo. Im trying to find out what did I miss it flows lbs of air more so I should be up to 500 hp at the wheels with my mods.

I wounder what is holding me back?

oh both are set at 40 psi

You say you are running the 18CM housing and it is the same as stock? How does it spool? I would have thought it would be more than a little slow. I've never heard of that 40pro super 60 thing, so maybe I'm missing something?

With the weaker shaft of the hx40 I wouldn't reccomend any nitrous, and to reach 500rwhp with a 40 on a 12v you are going to need to fuel it pretty hard. I think egts will be pretty toasty. I ran a 60mm hx40 on my 02 for a few
years at the 425-450 hp mark and it did well, but hat was with 60hp injectors on 24v. Egts weren't bad, but to get another 50hp I think it would have started to be out of the 40's "comfort zone". That being said, it can be done.

Also, I had the 16cm EH and spool up was great, I might have benefitted from the 18...

True

True

You say you are running the 18CM housing and it is the same as stock? How does it spool? I would have thought it would be more than a little slow. I've never heard of that 40pro super 60 thing, so maybe I'm missing something?

The super 40 is different then the hx40. It is bigger with a bigger shaft and longer front compressor housing.

With the weaker shaft of the hx40 I wouldn't reccomend any nitrous, and to reach 500rwhp with a 40 on a 12v you are going to need to fuel it pretty hard. I think egts will be pretty toasty. I ran a 60mm hx40 on my 02 for a few
years at the 425-450 hp mark and it did well, but hat was with 60hp injectors on 24v. Egts weren't bad, but to get another 50hp I think it would have started to be out of the 40's "comfort zone". That being said, it can be done.

Also, I had the 16cm EH and spool up was great, I might have benefitted from the 18...

Do you have a picture of your turbo?