turbo replacement for 6.7

Its a T3 with a T3/T4 adapter from ED. We got it put on there and it runs but has some issues. There is some sort of sensor holding it back on the top end. It will fuel up real fast then back down and is only at wide open throttle. you can crusie it all day no probelm but you just cant get the full power to it without something shutting it down. I am not super familiar with 6.7l but I am trying to help him out. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of this? Will smarty clear it or do we need to find another option?

Sounds like you need a boost cooler what programming is it running

I'm runnin smarty. It's shut off rite now. Not sure what the problem is yet.

Its a T3 with a T3/T4 adapter from ED. We got it put on there and it runs but has some issues. There is some sort of sensor holding it back on the top end. It will fuel up real fast then back down and is only at wide open throttle. you can crusie it all day no probelm but you just cant get the full power to it without something shutting it down. I am not super familiar with 6.7l but I am trying to help him out. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get rid of this? Will smarty clear it or do we need to find another option?

I heard guys going with a bigger turbo need to put a boost fooler on them because as soon as the ecm sees 40psi it will start to defuel the truck. Something to check out anyways.

I got it to run yesterday afternoon. Ran it again lastnight and the truck just had no power. I'm hopeing a boost fooler will do the trick. When's browns dyno day? Might take the trip

Anyone want to try a HE551VE on a 6.7L...should plug in and be controlled like the stocker, but with a 71/108 compressor wheel...

I have one sitting here, but I'm not planning on modding my 6.7L for a while....long while.

Chris

Anyone want to try a HE551VE on a 6.7L...should plug in and be controlled like the stocker, but with a 71/108 compressor wheel...

I have one sitting here, but I'm not planning on modding my 6.7L for a while....long while.

Chris

I thought about but no one knew how to make the electronics work if my new setup does not work I may go that route. Quick spool and a lot of air would be a great combination

What do you mean make the electronics work? It has, what appears to be at least, the same Delphi Smart Actuator on the side of it as the stocker...I haven't plugged it into my truck yet and turned the key on to see if it goes through it's wipe cycle, but it should plug right in and work.

Just my uneducated electronic opinion...
Chris

Just bought the boost fooler. See if that does the trick when I get it