Turbo spool help

Jordan Koehn

I have a t4 66/74.91 turbo, 100 HP sticks, 181/210 cam, stock cp3 among a few other things. I'm trying to do my own tuning. My truck spools fine from a standing start up to highway speeds with minimal smoke but if I slow down to say, 40-50 mph, and try to speed back up to 70 mph. I can't get the turbo to light and it fogs terribly unless I put it to the wood. Does anyone have any tips put ideas for this. Does the tranny need to downshift quicker? Less timing in the appropriate spot on the map?

Last edited:
You need to set up a custom map for your main injection timing and log it where your having problems.

Look at the map where your having the trouble and start reducing the timing in that area.

Then log, tweak, log, tweak until you get it where you want.

You need to set up a custom map for your main injection timing and log it where your having problems.

Look at the map where your having the trouble and start reducing the timing in that area.

Then log, tweak, log, tweak until you get it where you want it.

Then log, tweak, log, tweak until you get it where you want it.

Ok. I tried to get a map made once but the little tracking cell always stayed pegged put at wide open fuel pressure. I obviously had something wrong. It would move up and down in reference to the injection us row but stayed in the 180 mpa column. Guess I'll try again with the timing one this time.

Last edited: