Turbo trade

SLIPPY

The great PNW
12v HTT 62.71.13 ss/not-polished housing up for trade. No races/pulls. Always cooled to 350* or better. about 12-17k miles. trading for 66 or better. If you PM, PM me how makes it please. TIA

I have a hx55 machinened to a hx 40 exhaust housing...66/71/16 I would trade im taking my truck down a few notches for pulling another truck on the street. Let me know if interested.

Thinkin im going to steer clear of Holsets. Thanks for you reply though. More interested in a silver bullet

May I ask why? Whats wrong with Holsets in your opinion?

I like Holset because they are inexpensive turbos. Compared to a new silver bullet at 1850. I dont know about the 55's but ive see alot of 40's break shafts, on properly powered trucks. See i Drive the sh*t outta my truck and just dont want to send turbo parts through the innercooler and motor. I used to go cheap. IE: 370's and 191's. But since i went DDP injectors and 042's, i havent looked back. Kindof my philosophy with turbos to.

I like Holset because they are inexpensive turbos. Compared to a new silver bullet at 1850. I dont know about the 55's but ive see alot of 40's break shafts, on properly powered trucks. See i Drive the sh*t outta my truck and just dont want to send turbo parts through the innercooler and motor. I used to go cheap. IE: 370's and 191's. But since i went DDP injectors and 042's, i havent looked back. Kindof my philosophy with turbos to.

I use to run 370's as well and know exactly what you mean. Now I own some 5x0.18 from Weston and 131 DV from him. I was going to buy some DDP 4's until I found out the price I would be paying for what they actually are. As far as turbo's a lot of big pullers in diesel trucks as well as tractors run Holset for a reason. If you willing to spend the money to get it done right check out Bell Turbo. Pius does great work. If I had the money I would go back to him in a heartbeat. I have seen a box Borg outperform a 1800+ ED turbo so believe me paying the money doesn't always get you what you think.

I use to run 370's as well and know exactly what you mean. Now I own some 5x0.18 from Weston and 131 DV from him. I was going to buy some DDP 4's until I found out the price I would be paying for what they actually are. As far as turbo's a lot of big pullers in diesel trucks as well as tractors run Holset for a reason. If you willing to spend the money to get it done right check out Bell Turbo. Pius does great work. If I had the money I would go back to him in a heartbeat. I have seen a box Borg outperform a 1800+ ED turbo so believe me paying the money doesn't always get you what you think.

Hes on this site right? ive heard that quite a bit. Ive kinda been stuck in a west coast phase (since thats where I live) when i first started building my 12valve. Until I got on CompD, u can see what everyone runs, country-wide

are those DV's like a hybrid 181/131?

Weston is on here his name is Smokem. I don't believe Bell turbo is anywhere but Pius's phone number is somewhere if you type his name in the search. Ya I am a west coast guy myself. Pius used to be about 20 minutes from my house but now he moved up north.

a 131 is a modified stock DV I guess would be the best way to describe it. There are a few threads about 131's on here somewhere. You won't be disappointed with 131's if you decided to get some. Cole dow runs them with my 5x0.18 injectors and does pretty well with them.

Here is some video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRsd54s2YlY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gmdGHSsIQ0&feature=related

Weston is on here his name is Smokem. I don't believe Bell turbo is anywhere but Pius's phone number is somewhere if you type his name in the search. Ya I am a west coast guy myself. Pius used to be about 20 minutes from my house but now he moved up north.

a 131 is a modified stock DV I guess would be the best way to describe it. There are a few threads about 131's on here somewhere. You won't be disappointed with 131's if you decided to get some. Cole dow runs them with my 5x0.18 injectors and does pretty well with them.

Here is some video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRsd54s2YlY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gmdGHSsIQ0&feature=related

Obvioulsy hes not going to give up any secrets, but his DV's must be different from a stock 131?

I still drive the truck on the weekends. Events, partys and to the womens place. PLus i tow with it, not looking for a tow truck at all, just something i can get the wheeler from point A to point B until i can afford another truck. Not scared to tow 10k lbs with a 66 and heavy fuel mods, just gotta be comfortable in your driving abilities you know? With the valet switch a quick push of the fuel plate helps. More interested in racing than sled pulling but can do both. I think a 5x14 injector should be plenty. I thought about a 5x18 or 5x20, but just see alot of guys making big power on 14's still

I think It would be more effecient to run 084 lines and holders and a 215 pump, or 215 plungers in a 180 pump, tuned and timed correctly rather than just throw some giant injectors at it. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Obvioulsy hes not going to give up any secrets, but his DV's must be different from a stock 131?

I still drive the truck on the weekends. Events, partys and to the womens place. PLus i tow with it, not looking for a tow truck at all, just something i can get the wheeler from point A to point B until i can afford another truck. Not scared to tow 10k lbs with a 66 and heavy fuel mods, just gotta be comfortable in your driving abilities you know? With the valet switch a quick push of the fuel plate helps. More interested in racing than sled pulling but can do both. I think a 5x14 injector should be plenty. I thought about a 5x18 or 5x20, but just see alot of guys making big power on 14's still

I think It would be more effecient to run 084 lines and holders and a 215 pump, or 215 plungers in a 180 pump, tuned and timed correctly rather than just throw some giant injectors at it. Thoughts?

131dv's. who can make them full cuts - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Here is a thread on the 131's SDX makes the same ones Weston does.

Also I believe with the right mods the 180 pump will outperform the 215. No need to do the stuff you mentioned to it. Thats what I have been told. 5x14 injectors would be a good choice and I think you would be pleased.

But I believe if I remember correctly Cole runs a 215 pump. So it's all what you prefer I guess. Thats the fun in it. Trying new setups and tinkering around til you find what you like. :Cheer:

Why put 215 plungers in a 180 pump?

I'd rather have 180 plungers in a 215 than 215 plungers in a 180, for that matter I'd rather have the whole 180 pump.

agreed, you lose 4* of timing at full rack travel with a 215 pump. i'd rather have a 180 pump

Its been a while since ive thought about this topic so I could be wrong. I thought the 215 plungers had a bowl shaped plunger.

(1) can carry more fuel=more fuel to injectors/motor

(2) its a 2* timing retard. Sorry not calling you a retard hahaha, meant 2 degree timing

(3) a 180 pump has more rack travel than a 215 with a 2095 plug. 180 rack travel plus increased fuel with 215 plungers equals a decent pump

ohh by the way it has billet shaft and wheels. I daily drive the truck with ddp4s also its fun but when someone else drives my truck pulling over 15000lbs I get nervous so im detuning it abit...

ohh by the way it has billet shaft and wheels. I daily drive the truck with ddp4s also its fun but when someone else drives my truck pulling over 15000lbs I get nervous so im detuning it abit...

how many miles? who built it?

Back