Turbo Upgrade Question

bmarlatt

Mirrors Down
A buddy of mine just pulled his hx35 off his 02 with a 16cm banks exaust housing because the seals were out and he told me I could have it for $100 if I wanted it.

If I remember right the HX35's on Vp trucks flowed more air and the housing would help. I was thinking put the compressor wheel and exaust housing on my stock charger. I just don't know if it's gonna be enough difference to justify the time and money. My truck has a 4k gsk, pump mods, 5x0.012's at 145* and a 5 spd.

If it makes a difference it will only be very little. You need to know what size compressor both turbo's have. If they are both 56mm, then you wont see any gain. If you have a 54mm and go to a 56mm with a 16 housing you could see a small gain, but it probably isnt worth the trouble in the long run.

If I remember right, or at least I read it somewhere VP trucks had different fins on the wheel and were supposed to move more air from the same size wheel, but I could be completely wrong.

It won't be much, but the whole idea of my truck is to get the most out of it without spending much money while keeping it reliable. And I know that's not right, but it's also why it's slow. lol