Turbonetics

lco

Looking for a turbo that will have good street manners and be able to get a 12v in the 600+ range. I know it's a stretch but that's why we do this isn't it? So I see a couple people have turbonetics 66mm units and I hear they spool more like a 64mm. I'm assuming that's because of it being ball bearinged. So I was thinking the hp-70 turbo would be a nice option, looked on eBay and found a dealer selling them for 1400, and the journal bushing model for 999. Looks legit but idk the turbonetics website lists them for like 2300. Anyways just wondering if anybody knows about the different trims and housings and what would be good for my goals.

I would imagine the Hp-66/68/.84 would put you where you wanna be and still have really good street manners.

Brett

If you go with a 70mm unit definitely stick with the BB cartridge. I run a BB 66/68 .84 divided t4 housing unit and love it so far. Very good response for the air it can move. If I did it all over again I would probably have done the 70 like you're looking. I'd like to see something like the 70mm compressor paired off with a .81 divided housing using the same turbine as mine with an exteranl wastegate.

I'd like to get over 600rwhp with my 66 but not sure that will happen. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be able to tell you for sure!

The stock manifold is T4 right? So this turbo will bolt right up. What wastegate are you running? Hurry up and get that thing runnin, can't wait to hear the numbers. I can't post up the link for that eBay posting but just search turbonetics 70 and check it out. 1400 seems to cheap but it looks legit. If you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for your 66?

No, the stock manifold is a t3. The kit includes an adapter to convert from t3 to t4. I have Bodie's header with a t4 flange on it though. The flange I have from tnetics is still for sale! I have no wastegate at the moment and don't plan to run one unless the drive pressure results are higher then I like. Need to get around to wiring it up.

I paid around $1800 for the kit. The charger itself can be had cheaper if you look around. Talk to dzlfarmboy, he'll hook you up. That's who I got my charger from!

Matt Wells runs the same charger I run and with a std cab 2x4 has been 11.40s I believe.

My brother did 636 with a prostreet 66 and it drives well on the street

Mines around 650 with the Turbonetics 66/84a/r T-3. Excellent streetability if your AFC is tuned properly.

Last edited:
Mines around 650 with the Turbonetics 66mm -84a/r ex housing. Excellent streetability if your AFC is tuned properly.

AFC? what do you need one those for? I gotts me a right foot for that! :bang

Back