Turn keep, clicking, and blinking red dot please help!!!

countryman2672

I think this is the starter but i wanted other experiences. I have the truck in my sig and when i got to start it it clicks a lot and i try again same it does it two or three times then itll turn over, each time the red dot blinks. any other ideas? Thanks for the help sorry if this has been discussed before.

If the red dot on the dash is blinking it is your key. For whatever reason the truck is not recognizing it and the security system is not letting the truck start. Do you have another key? If so easiest thing is to try that one and it will start. If you dont have a key, well off to the stealership. Good luck.

Well if it not turning over than it's prob a low battery... Does it seem as if it drains power? My cross cable between my batts was loose and this happened. But then again the key thing is true too. But unless u have a new ignition and an old key it won't go out. Far as I know the chip in the keys don't go out. Good luck

Bad battery connections or bad contacts in the starter solenoid can cause a "clicking before it starts" issue also.