turnin thempesky barrels

Wozxxx86

i need money
i was pondering some stuff in my head yesterday while i was at work. and i got to thinkin about turning my barrels, and that people always say that the flows will be all off. which way do you turn the barrels? and howabout if i put a dial indicator on each barrel and turn them all the same. wouldnt the flows still be matched to factory specs if that was done properly?

looking at your pump from the drivers side of your truck (although I can't imagine why anyone would work from the passenger side..) you will want to turn them clockwise.

Nothing mechanical is perfect, even measuring the rotation I am sure they would flow different amounts.

When turning on a bench, there is a few that will outflow the others most of the time. These need to be turned back to flow within spec of the others as well. Without it being on a bench there's really no way to clarify that process...

some one mentioned in a diff. post that you could put egt probes in ex. manifold at each cylinder and adjust/tune them till they are all the same temp. just what i read.

some one mentioned in a diff. post that you could put egt probes in ex. manifold at each cylinder and adjust/tune them till they are all the same temp. just what i read.

By the time you take off a turbo and manifold, drill and tap the manifold, buy 6 thermocouples, and put it back together, I think you would be farther ahead (both money and time) to do it right..$.02

The easiest thing to do is to turn them all the way forward. Yes, there is a good chance they want be equal, but they shouldnt be real far off.

For the $300 it costs to put the pump on the bench and have the barrels turned and the whole pump balanced with all your mods why would you want to risk your engine? Your truck will run smoother and better. Its just not worth the risk.

So, I've been seeing this thread in New Posts all night and trying to figure out what a thempesky barrel was.
Typo's FTW!

If you want to do this no the possible bad (potentiall catostrophic) side effects and go for it.

I sent a 911 pump off to Seth at DPE and I couldn't be happier. For the amount of money you spend which is alot less then some may think it's very much worth it! Truck runs butter smooth now and with this 911 pump with the plate in the 3/4 position ='ing 423 ccs it's stronger then my 887 913 pump was at full rack.

For the amount of money you spend which is alot less then some may think it's very much worth it!

Agreed.. One of the first numbers I heard for sending a pump off was insane. Didn't even ask about it for a while because the number was so high. But now it's sitting at the pump shop waiting for me to pick it up for a lot less then what I was told.

For the work that's going to be done to mine and for the price I was quoted I'd be a fool not to send it off and have it gone through.

Truck runs butter smooth now and with this 911 pump with the plate in the 3/4 position ='ing 423 ccs it's stronger then my 887 913 pump was at full rack.

Das because mo fuel is notta always betta fuel! :hehe: Turn thempesky barrels til you can't turn no more!

good way for a motor to overspeed and go BOOM!

Ive never seen this happen. Nor heard of it. Ive ran three different pumps with the barrels turned with zero problems. Prolly know of ten other trucks running around with the same thing done.