turnin this pump up?

SSpeeDEMONSS

Still Learning
can i turn this pump up? its on my tractor at work, 4cyl cummins.

Garrett

Picture020-1.jpg

Yes its a Bosch "A" Pump.
You can adjust the aneroid for more smoke on the bottom end or adjust the total fuel on the back of the gov. housing, thru an inspection cover.

if its a company tractor i would maybe reconsider as it will void the warranty if anything happens to the engine, hence the special torx needed to open it just my$.02

im not worried about it. just need the help to turn up the fuel. thanks for lookin out tho.

Garrett

there are a few different ways to turn that one up pretty easy too.

If you want just more overall fuel, on the back of the gov. at the bottom the plate with the four screws,,, they are T-30's except for the one it's a tamper proof but nothing a chisel wont fix. After you remove the cover in the middle at the the bottom you will find a screw with a 10mm jam nut brake the jam nut loose and turn the screw in, make small adjustments until your happy.

Where are you having your low power problem at, there are other adjustments that can be made as well.

Last edited:
Another thing, there's a throttle stop on there too. Check to make sure it's getting full travel before turning it up, that way it'll be more rewarding.

in your second picture...the plate toward the bottom of the back of the pump with the bell shaped indention is what you will want to remove...then follow the previously mentioned instructions...