Tweecer?

mondtster

Guys,

I did a quick search but came up empty handed. Has anyone used the Tweecer tuning software on a 7.3 powerstroke before? If so, can someone tell me what all you can control with the software? I have an email into them but was just curious to see what experience other people have had with it.

Here's their website in case you're interested in taking a look:

http://www.tweecer.com/index.htm

Thanks!

I got an email from a guy at work about this a while back. He said it was kind of like EFILive for Power Strokes. I'll try to find it tomorrow, it was more detailed than their website is.

I got an email from a guy at work about this a while back. He said it was kind of like EFILive for Power Strokes. I'll try to find it tomorrow, it was more detailed than their website is.

Yes, that's pretty much what it is.

Their website sucks IMHO, but this is looking promising. It looks like you will have control of both the motor and tranny.

I'm seriously considering getting this. If I do, I'll try and update this thread with what I find.

Not anymore. Check out their site. Needless to say, I thought the same thing and was really surprised when I checked out their site again after quite some time.

It looks as though it will only work with the 7.3L motors though...

why not use power hungry performance's module? it lets you re-burn a chip to anything you want... and i wouldn't do any of this personal tuning stuff unless you know your way around a 7.3 very well... you can cause BIG damage

why not use power hungry performance's module? it lets you re-burn a chip to anything you want...

1. Because I didn't know it existed. I'm looking into it now...

2. The Tweecer option appears to be cheaper.

and i wouldn't do any of this personal tuning stuff unless you know your way around a 7.3 very well... you can cause BIG damage

Care to elaborate a bit on this? I'm a Dodge/Cummins guy and know them pretty well. This is actually for my dad who is the Ford guy. We both have a very good understanding of diesel motors and we both work with diesel engine controls every day. Neither of us are a powerstroke guru, but I really can't see hurting one that bad as long as you take a conservative approach to the tuning.

The big drawing point for my dad is that it looks like you can control the trans with Tweecer and he really doesn't care for the factory shift algorithm. I can assure you that we would do a bit of engine tuning as well if he pulls the trigger on this however...

Turns out I deleted my email :doh:

But definitely let us know what it's like if you or your dad try it....

Back