Twin Adjustments Driver pressure vs.boost ratio

hatchman

I am trying to adjust my wastegate, I am running a stock 05 turbo with bht3b, can anyone guide me in setting these up for the best performance? I was wondering what pressures I should be looking for, primary, secondary, drive pressures.

Just have to play with the wastegate on the secondary. I start to open at 24psi and it works well.

My primary (HT3B) makes 32 psi and 65 at the intake.

Drive pressures should be 1to1 or less (In a perfect world) The more drive pressure the more your head gasket hates you.

What is your stock turbo, HY9?

Do you have an external wastegate?

drive pressure does not hurt the head gasket!!!!

So, exhaust not being able to exit the cylinder due to a lack of places to escape to is good for it? The gasses will find an exit, might be a popped turbo, might be the nice goo in the radiator.

exhaust IS able to exit the cylinder, it's just doing so under restriction... that restriction is not going to harm the head gasket... all it's going to do is rob power from other cylinders on their power strokes...

at 50psi of boost and 16:1 compression ratio, you're static pressure is 800psi... what kind of drive pressure are we talking about? 75psi? 100psi? pfft... childs play compared to 800psi... and 800psi is still nothing... how much cylinder pressure do you think is created when you introduce a healthy shot of diesel 20 degrees before TDC? a LOT more than whatever drive pressure reading you're ever going to see!