Twin airdogs

mxhunter147

Gear Head
At what point have you guys seen one airdog 150 not being able to keep up on a common rail? Currently I have a single 150 feeding my dual cp3s with half inch line all the way, and I've never really been able to watch my fuel pressure.

Currently the truck is not running so it wouldn't be a bad time to add another pump if it's needed...

I ran a Fass 150 with a 85% duramax pump over a 85% cummins pump, 3/8" line. It held 13lbs at 4200 rpm making 970hp+ single turbo on the chassis dyno. I'm now running a Zeus with the same injectors and dual stock cp3's and it is not keeping up, my fuel pressure at 5400 rpm is 0

Last edited:
Usually is an issue on the heavily fueled p pump truck due to the higher flow and pressure needed. But their site says 800 ish Hp I believe for the 150. I'm sure more and less have been done though.

We've had quite a few people put down over 1000hp with just the 150 on a CR. Chase Fleece's truck is around 1100 I believe and he's just running a 150.

The 150 puts out a good amount of fuel, however it also returns quite a bit more. If you were going to jump up and wanted to stick with the AirDog 1 i'm sure we could put you together a 200 pump that would work on that base.

As for dual pumps.

Phil Taylor (DPC) and Sam (Carolina Diesel) both run dual 200's on their 9sec 12v race trucks. And Ashley Black is running dual class 8 units on his CR green monster (i like to call it).

Dual pumps are really only needed under extreme conditions, 90% of the time if you drive it on the street daily then you don't need dual pumps.

I did right at 1,000hp with the single airdog but didn't know if that was a restriction point..

Last edited:
for some reason we have issues keeping fuel pressure on the big HP trucks here, our race truck has dual FASS, my truck has dual FASS, going to dual AirDogs on our "tow truck", all trucks are capable of over 1000hp and couldnt keep pressure above 0psi at WOT. i have done all the twin pump work, make sure you have a "H" someplace in the feed lines so if one pump takes a **** it will still be fed by the other pump

if you have any question let me know

For those with dual pumps, do you have each pump on a shared or proprietary feed lines.

We've had people switch from the "other" to ours and have reported back that they are able to hold better RP while running lower pressures.

MXhunter: Do you have a RP gauge and FP gauge set up? Watching those will determine whether or not you need to go bigger.

I've seen them hooked up both ways Ron. I've even seen them hooked up in series.

Been running mechanical and don't even log inlet pressure any more. Final rail pressure is never a issue.

Yet was thinking about going electric to clean up the engine compartment a little...maybe not so much now.

What were you running for inlet pressure? Also what mech pump you running, Mitusa?

When I had it on the dyno before it let go we were having some issues with rail pressure. We data logged each run, and we couldn't get the cp3s to run at max effort.
I wonder if they have a sensor that keeps them from starving themselves for fuel if it is not there? Like if there is no lift pump pressure the cp3 won't attempt to make more pressure..

Last edited: