Twin Turbo info thread

AsTroSS

problems start @80 psi
I think we need good thread of twin turbos (similar to P7100 and DV info threads) , different combos for diffenet application and HP levels.

All engines are welcome :from first gen 12V to commonrail

I think most common twin setup are for 12 valve (P7100) :
top: hx35
bottom : HT3B

power level : 450-600 hp

Correct me if i am wrong.

And here is setup for 800+ hp ( 12valve) :evil

Here is Jetpilot advice:

top:SPS66
bottom: S4T.

And here is Smokem advice

setup nr1
top: S300 66/71 with a 14cm housing
bottom: S76 from Forced Inductions

and setup nr2

top: K31 with a 1.00 AR
bottom: S510

So,lets the information to flow :poke:

Im currently in the process of installing my twin setup on my 2006. Im using the stock charger for the top and a B2 for the bottom. Ive seen similiar setups makes over 750 Although im going for 675 on fuel. Im told it should push 63PSI, but ill know for sure in the next 2 or 3 days.

Hopefully I will have 35/40 ht3b combo dynoed when it cools off. I hoping to break 600s on my 38s...

Yeah i have some pictures on my memory card (its in the process of instalation) ill have some of it completed in a few days if all goes well and i get a break from all the testing ive been doing at school

Heres pre install you know its good when it can swallow your hand.....By the way this is cookCR, i gota sign of my bros name more often

Attachments

• turbo3.jpg
    turbo3.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 60
  • turbo2.jpg
    turbo2.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 68
  • lowerturbo.JPG
    lowerturbo.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
If I twin my Ford with the Cummins motor, it will be interesting plumbing.

IMO a 35/3b setup is over worked at anything over 550 RWHP. Especially on a 12V. From 550 to about 600 I'd upgrade to 35/40 hybrid. Anything over 600 Id go 40/3b. These are all assuming you'd use the turbos WG. If you use an external WG it all changes. Then there's 35/b2, 35-40/b2, 40/b2, s300 veriant/b2. The possibilities are endless and it making me tired trying to think of all of them.

So what do you think a 35-3b will support with a external wastegate? I'm running 58 mm hx 35 with a 3b and a 38 mm tial wg and really don't know what hp it makes. I was going to make a hy35 with a k-31 but I think the next set will be a 35-40 with a s400. What size wheels are on the 400 verses the 3b?

I know the S400 Is suppose to spool up quicker and support more HP, I might put one with my PS64 just gota do some wild plumbing,

The S-400 (B-2) does flow more than the 3b. I have it written down somewhere I will have to find it.
Im doing a 35-40 (dodgezilla) with a 14cm, external gate, and a B-2 on bottom. Then a little spray.

For general idea on twin sizing, the primary needs to flow somewhere in the neighborhood of twice the secondary.

--Jeff

I cant anwser what size wheel the 3b has or what size wheel the b2 has. There are so many, the possabilities are endless. A 35/3b with and external WG will support a bit more then useing the factory internal gate. I think pwerwgn has the right idea. I'm going to try that set up for a little while and see if I like it and what I think. I'm also supposed to be trying out a new turbo, but the company keeps having casting delays. Imagine something similar to a htt or II 62 or 64 flow wise with a non WG housing and about 500 less.

What about this kind of setup:

top: HX35 with 14 cm housing
lower: HX50/55 with 25 cm housing

According to flow rates this setup looks like very nice for street race application.
I think approx: 450-500 hp

Have sameone used this setup?

i was going to use a 55 on bottom and a hy9 on top with a opened up wastegate. i figure it would make a killer tow set up. and cheap also.

gunracer1 said:
i was going to use a 55 on bottom and a hy9 on top with a opened up wastegate. i figure it would make a killer tow set up. and cheap also.
What is HY9 ? :poke:

I beieve the 3rd gens have what is basically a 9 too

Hy9 is used on 2001-2002 Autos IIRC...all other's had the HX35's!

The CR's used the 9cm housing, but I think at least the 04.5's-up had a bigger compressor wheel!

Chris

I think what he is getting at is, it is actually an HY35...

AsTroSS, the combo would spool pretty quick, but I think you would get a little warm on the top end. I know I read a while back there was a guy building a set up like this. I think it was over on TDR.