twin turbo question

HookAChain

I'm going to start building my cummins soon from a bare block, i'm looking to achieve 750hp. Its not going to be for any straight line events, more of something with relatively long travel suspension that i will be on and off the throttle with. My original intentions where to put money into the stock H1C(originally VE pump, converting to p-pump) and get something along the lines of an s400 for the larger turbo. However I'm not quite educated half as much on turbos as i need to be to figure out what would work good. Would the H1C, lets say with the HTT "stage IV" upgrade with a smaller turbine housing be sufficient? Would the S400 get me where i want to be on the top end with the right wheels, etc? am i on the right track? I just want to have a baseline for what turbos im going to want to start off with.

The second you wrote "long travel suspension" and twin turbos my mind starting thinking about an 1,100 lb block of iron launching off jumps and hitting whoops at 90 mph. You might want to make sure the motor mounts are up the task of Cummins race truck.

The second you wrote "long travel suspension" and twin turbos my mind starting thinking about an 1,100 lb block of iron launching off jumps and hitting whoops at 90 mph. You might want to make sure the motor mounts are up the task of Cummins race truck.

Yah, definately a concern of mine, I dont neccesarily plan on going that fast over whoops....but if the suspension would take it id push it so have to take everything into consideration. I'm HIGHLY considering a mid to rear engine setup, something i've wanted to fool around with. As well as cutting out a nice aluminum front and/or mid mount plate out of aluminum.

I know keeping as much weight to rear is best for whoops on quad/dirtbike etc.... so i figure this would be an ideal setup. Rad and fuel cell up front etc. See how things go though, just the beginning of a big project.

Appreciate the info

Last edited:
Back