twins and p pump

im pretty set on the twins, just dont know how to get there if i choose to go the p pump rout

what set up would you recommend to get to a 900 daily driver
I don't recommend 900 for a daily driver, but a 13mm pump, a good set of injectors(don't go too big), 64/80 or 88 twins, a bit of head porting and a mild cam will do it at reasonable boost and egt levels. A better setup for a daily driver would be a good benched 12mm pump, a set of Mach 6's, a mild cam and head work, and a 64/71 over 75/83/1.1 S400. That will do 700hp without alot of timing and kick butt on the street. Good mileage too.

RonA is the man to listen to. He probably has more knowledge than any one on here.

Maybe he's just testing the rest of us. Just keep doing what you're doing Ron, the rest of us learn alot from your questions.

I don't recommend 900 for a daily driver, but a 13mm pump, a good set of injectors(don't go too big), 64/80 or 88 twins, a bit of head porting and a mild cam will do it at reasonable boost and egt levels. A better setup for a daily driver would be a good benched 12mm pump, a set of Mach 6's, a mild cam and head work, and a 64/71 over 75/83/1.1 S400. That will do 700hp without alot of timing and kick butt on the street. Good mileage too.

see thats why im on here to learn stuff, when you start throwing out numbers like the 64/71 over 75/83/1.1 s400, i am completely lost with all that. sorry

Turbo sizes...

If you are lost on that you have some reading and learning to do if you want 900 ho (or 700 for that matter) unless you plan on giving a shop a blank check...

Turbo sizes...

If you are lost on that you have some reading and learning to do if you want 900 ho (or 700 for that matter) unless you plan on giving a shop a blank check...

thats what i said, im here to learn, not criticized

600 with twins would be alot more fun than with a single though.

Particularly in a street race.

600hp on a single is fun as well because they think they have you until the turbo lites and you blow by them

600hp on a single is fun as well because they think they have you until the turbo lites and you blow by them

Until the 500hp twin truck gets ahold of you.

Wait, you cant keep a single on your truck more than 2 days:bang:hehe:

i am runnung the ats twins(3000/5000) on my 02 w/ a VP pump and i put down 670 and i was about 15-18 PSI down from what i see on the street. what do you have for a truck and are you runnung a auto or 5speed?

ppumps are great but i dont think there is any use for more than 550-600 HP on the street. and you can make that easy with a vp. i keep my box off and my co-piolt off on the street and it still hauls!!!!

I have a 99' with a 5 speed in it, it does have a vp high output in it as well, how well do you like those set of twins, I am considering thosewhen I have money to get them, any complaints

i am runnung the ats twins(3000/5000) on my 02 w/ a VP pump and i put down 670 and i was about 15-18 PSI down from what i see on the street. what do you have for a truck and are you runnung a auto or 5speed?

i love them. they spool just as fast as a stocker, if not faster and with smaller injectors, they are real good at towing/crusin around, and make great power w/ bigger sticks as well. my egt's are real low too with my 6x16's. i want to put some spray on the truck in the spring to see if i can squeese a few more HP out of them but i have heard that these twins dont like spray. i still have some fuel at full boost to burn, so i dont see why i cant put a small shot on it right???? what would you guys suggest?

I have a 99' with a 5 speed in it, it does have a vp high output in it as well, how well do you like those set of twins, I am considering thosewhen I have money to get them, any complaints

do you have a "HO" pump or a performance vp pump? if you have a HO i think your going to be limited to 500hp max w/ that vp.

its not all about proformance
the only reasons i went with a p-pump was reliability and i used to have a 12valve and liked it. it is also great for biodiesel

vp=crap