Twins Help

smoker04

Ok guys im running a silver 64 right now and cant hardly keep the egts down with my setup so my question is if i put a 62 over a S475 with a race cover will they lower my egts better than the silver 64.

Ok guys im running a silver 64 right now and cant hardly keep the egts down with my setup so my question is if i put a 62 over a S475 with a race cover will they lower my egts better than the silver 64.

Yes it will definately will lower your egts

be putting out like twice the amount of colder air flow.

I'd go with a s360 or something like a 62/65/12 on top of the s475. Even your stock turbo on top of the s475 would work really well if you still have it. Sounds like the 64 isnt spooled for regular driving, a small top turbo will be a world of difference but still cool ALOT of fuel with the 475 under it. I just wanted to clarify that you wernt talking about it running hot up top, if that were the case you would like a s480 or 83 under your 64.

with my twin setup i could basically do without an EGT gauge...it becomes a non-issue

He should be fine running the 64 over the 475 too though right. I had almost the same setup as you previously. The heat issue was when i installed the cam. I was overfueled for the amount of air the turbo was only able to take in. I went to a 71mm and problem solved. A little bit o lag but i can run the S out of it and still drive through the hills and light tow without an issue.
P.S. 71mm for sale
pm me

the 64 over the 75 would spool slower and be less streetable than the 64 single. his problem is low end, not top end. FWIW, a 64 and 75 are way too close in size to utilize the full capability of a compound turbo setup. The 64 would be better suited with a 480 or 483 for a racing application. Towing you want smaller turbos like a stocker to a 62/65/12 over a 475 so they are moving enough air when cruzing down the road at 65- 70 and you can go up a decent hill without hovering over your egt gauge or downshifting and slowing to almost a crawl (downshifting is for gassers).

You said you had a SILVER 64 correct? Not just a polished housing? If you do indeed have a silver 64 its a 64/74/14. I had a silver bullet 66/74/14 and switched to a 64/71/13SS and it made a world of difference! A TON cooler egts and spool up is amazing compared to the bullet. I would say that 74mm wheel is a bit to big for you. I would try maybe a 62/71/13SS before I went twins, if your not dead set on twins.

i pretty sure i want twins

Yeah... who doesn't? Im just saying that you would probably like a turbo with a 71 wheel alot better then that silver 74 wheel.

If your gonna go with twins maybe have someone build you a 62/68/13ss and go with a s475.. A lot of people on here seem to not like a 62/65 in a twin setup. But maybe its just not the right turbo for big power and it would be a nice tow turbo. Just some ideas..

i have had the r-700's for over a year now, they have been extremely good, lightning fast spool up.71 on the bottom 57 on top..700hp and in the 11's with em..im actually upgrading to there r-850 set up which is a 64.5 over a custom 475..cant wait to see what that gonna be like..

C If your gonna go with twins maybe have someone build you a 62/68/13ss and go with a s475.. A lot of people on here seem to not like a 62/65 in a twin setup. But maybe its just not the right turbo for big power and it would be a nice tow turbo. Just some ideas..[/QUOTE said:
ive been talking to chris at ED about building me a 62/68/13ss