Twins spooling

i gan get a ht3b for 300 plus shipping,

it includes a 22 and 26 housing... now im not sure if ill buy it if its so slow... again a forced induction turbo is none less then 900.. i wanted to go cheap... hmmm.

With better turbos comes a higher $$$. There are no two ways around it. Spool up and response has as much to do with tuning the fuel as it does tuning the twins. 12v's are probably the hardest to get this right because of the static timing. If you want to go cheap, at your elevation, go with the 23cm HT3B. Otherwise I'd probably go with a wastegated GT4202 1.15AR. 12v's wont make as much hp as the other trucks for a given amount of air so dont expect to make a ton of hp with either combo. They will spool fairly quick and keep the egt's down enough to overheat the cooling system first provided the truck is tuned correctly.

Thanks boys! I more than likely won't go with twins, at least not in the near future. I would like to get a single that will clear up the smoke on my Smarty and be able to run with more aggressive Smarty tunes. My stock turbo and stock clutch are not liking it too much, haha.

It was more a general question, but thanks all the same!

Nick

i run the box on 1x1 or 2x1 ... timing only..and de-fueled as far as it will go...for fuel it's the injectors only

Diesel Freak said:
LOL, cut the fuel back...then tell us how it spools

Mine still spooled pretty decent with completely stock fueling. There was a little lag but once they started to light it was quick.

Now, with just the 100hp sticks the spool-up feels very close to stock.

Back