twins with 62/71/13

The VP trucks get laggy with some of the 71mm turbines, some don't. But the 65mm turbine is a safe bet with any of the chargers under them.

Even an S400 would make for a good towing set. The K31 is a bit small for the HP goals.

We used a 64/65-13SS over a K31 and it lights FAST! I am sure it would be similar with a GT42-02 as well.

We have some 200HP injectors and are trying to get on the dyno in the morning hours as it's been a bit toasty.

Dave

I would NOT do a s480 for a bottom charger on 2nd gen.

If i could do it again id run 75/83/1.1 recommended by RonA or GT4202R.

I have the 75/96/1.36. It can be laggy especially without a smarty, but the smarty can be too much with 220's. Ive tired both, i really missed the smarty when i sold it, its good for 200-300 rpm sooner easy.

Very light throttle is needed till chargers lite.

I do if feel the twins driven right, they light better than my single.

Im surprised to see bobby complaining of having to see 2200rpm with a 62 with a cam.

I do have the turbo performance sock on the 62 and plan for one on the s475 too.

I also think the spring type WG actuator would help but i dont have the upgraded pucks yet.

My truck would be awesome with a cam and ppump.

I have a 62/65/12 over s475 and they spool 100-200rpm slower than the stocker. Its a super quick spool and provides ultimate driveability!

Lavon

I have a 62/65/12 over s475 and they spool 100-200rpm slower than the stocker. Its a super quick spool and provides ultimate driveability!

Lavon

Nice to hear they are working out for you!:Cheer: They sure do look pretty on that motor!
for the rest of you, the 12 housing would normally be a restriction but was ported for higher flow.

I have towed a 3 horse goose LQ with a 2nd gen auto w/3:54 gears and with 250 stix and some timing (Quad ADR) the 362/475 worked fine but if you plan to tow often, the 57/65/14 over 472/1.10 is sweet, however, without studs/rings a k31 will allow you to set max boost or you could run an external gate on the bottom charger.
Either way towing with 600+hp is not cheap/easy as many upgrades will be needed like radiator, aux trans cooler, dif will need syn fluid/larger capacity, all billet shafts/flexplate, ect.
or just keep the power to 450hp or so when towing by turning the fuel down.$.02

Last edited: