Two S472 Turbos

brockw08

12 too many valves...
I've got 2 S472 turbos for sale. Both have shaft play and will probably need bearings. Neither have any physical damage (chipped blades, cracked flanges, etc.) I'm tired of them being in my way, and would like to sell them as a pair. $500 for both.

1.32 housings. Not sure on the turbine wheels. I can check.

Interested in selling seperate? I'm curious as to how hard they are to rebuild. If its simple bearings like an HX35 I'm currently rebuilding I might be able to come up with some $$.

I believe they are all quite similar when it comes to rebuilding. I have heard that the S400's are pretty straightforward. Selling them together would be the ideal situation, just because they are in my way and I'd like to make someone a good deal on both of them.

Well let us know on the exhaust wheel, but ya most likely they are the 88's

I believe they are all quite similar when it comes to rebuilding. I have heard that the S400's are pretty straightforward. Selling them together would be the ideal situation, just because they are in my way and I'd like to make someone a good deal on both of them.

Just spoke with someone more knowledgeable than me....they are bushings just like my hx35 I'm rebuilding. If your willing to seperate please let me know, I only need one to build twins.:evil ;)

As far as I can tell without a caliper, they appear to be 88mm on the hot sides.

Those turbos can be had new for around $600 each. Are you sure the bearings are bad? What kind of shaft play...in/out or side to side?

Those turbos can be had new for around $600 each. Are you sure the bearings are bad? What kind of shaft play...in/out or side to side?
Is this to say my price of $250 each is too high?
The shaft play is side to side. Not to the point of hitting the compressor housing, but enough play for me to rebuild them.

The price is too high if they need rebuilt.

If the compressor wheels do not show signs of rubbing the housing and there is no in/out shaft movement I wouldn't say they need rebuilt...in this case the price is excellent!

My bad, $750 each.

If that includes shipping I will take one of them if someone wants the other?

Just wanted to let y'all know I spoke with him yesterday and he was heading out on a family vacation this morning and will not be back until sometime next week. He did not expect these to get the attention they are, and I'm sure he will talk to who ever was next in line for the other one when he gets back.

do you still have them? I will take one if someone else will buy the other. I have cash.....

do you still have them? I will take one if someone else will buy the other. I have cash.....

Appearently he is not back from vacation yet as I have not heard from him.

He said it was an open ended trip and he wasn't sure which day he would be back. I plan to call him if I haven't heard from him by lunch tomorrow.