U joints

PowerstrokeThis

I'm not a sled puller by any means but was wondering if there was a heavy duty brand U-joint you guys use for your driveshafts or do yall use stock oem joints?

traction bars help alot if your breaking alot of u joints

The stock 1410 will take alot, but most people upgrade to the 1480 spicer non greaseable u-joint.

Stick with the Spicer non-greasables... And go to the 1480's in rear if you are having problems witht he stock size(1410s?) breaking.

I dont know what the deal is but the truck goes through them like candy. seems like I replace the ones on the rear drive shaft like once a year. Also can i get the spicer 1480's from a normal auto parts store or do i have to special order them from a certain place? Thanks for the help

I dont know what the deal is but the truck goes through them like candy. seems like I replace the ones on the rear drive shaft like once a year.

Put a set of traction bars on it. They will help keep the axle from twisting and making the u-joint flex in directions it is not supposed to.

I dont know what the deal is but the truck goes through them like candy. seems like I replace the ones on the rear drive shaft like once a year. Also can i get the spicer 1480's from a normal auto parts store or do i have to special order them from a certain place? Thanks for the help

NAPA is a good place to get spicer joints. Get a part number 5-803x, thats a forged, solid(non greasable) 1480.

Search traction bars and you will find TONS of threads on the subject. You'll find several places to buy a set or several diffent ways to build them(and not build them) LOL

NAPA is a good place to get spicer joints. Get a part number 5-803x, thats a forged, solid(non greasable) 1480.

Napa doesn't carry Spicer U-joints anymore..(Unfortunately) Unless your local store is buying them from another vendor, of course...None of Napa's warehouses have Spicer.