Uhmmm... Why?

jc64

Why are there Boost/Vacuum Gauges on the home page of a Diesel forum?

forum_new.gif

Just wondering,
jc

We posted this in anticipation of tier 4 emissions that include new diesels with throttle plates. When the trucks go into a regen, the severity of the regen cycle can be gaged by the amount of vacuum the engine pulls. Comp D is advising all performance minded owners of these modern diesels to purchase a boost/vacuum gage to accurately measure engine performance.

We were ahead of the curve.

The real question is, what were you doing at 1:29AM eastern time critically analyzing the graphics on a diesel forum? :hehe:

With two posts to your count, let me take a moment to welcome you. :welcome:

Hope you enjoy yourself. Be warned, if the little things like graphics drive you nuts I cant wait till you meet some of the members. :blahblah1:

Last edited:
A vacuum guage is the best way to measure suckage. Lots of times when tuning a Diesel you'll run into a level of suckage and it's always good to know how bad it sucks.

Hmm, as far as CumminGs goes, blowage & suckage are relative to best emissions. $.02

Remember... all in good fun.

Amish Elegance said:
We posted this in anticipation of tier 4 emissions that include new diesels with throttle plates. When the trucks go into a regen, the severity of the regen cycle can be gaged by the amount of vacuum the engine pulls. Comp D is advising all performance minded owners of these modern diesels to purchase a boost/vacuum gage to accurately measure engine performance.

We were ahead of the curve.

The real question is, what were you doing at 1:29AM eastern time critically analyzing the graphics on a diesel forum? :hehe:

With two posts to your count, let me take a moment to welcome you. :welcome:

Hope you enjoy yourself. Be warned, if the little things like graphics drive you nuts I cant wait till you meet some of the members. :blahblah1:

Well I complement the sites foresight in seeing into the future. :clap: Who would of thought that one would need to monitor vacuum on a diesel for performance. WOW... you all did Bring The BEST Together. Vacuum on a diesel :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: OK, sorry, I'm back.
Being a GM guy, I can see putting the boost-vacuum gauge on your Powerstroke and CumminGs Tech Area forum display because they Suck half of the time anyway. But the rest of the forums don't need them. (That ought to stir the natives :kick: )
As to the 1:29AM EST (12:29AM CST) analyzing of graphics, well I am in the market looking for new gauges for the truck and those caught my eye. They look like Autometer Cobalt's. Only I'm getting the 6160's NOT the 6108's. 6108's might make me gay. So I will stick with the 6160's.

I have been on diesel forums since the fall of 2004, so I know how the diesel crowd is. I am surprised that balloon knot Scott has not chimed in with his words of wisdom. (Scott, I owe you a couple jabs from the past)

OK, back to reality. The reason I posted was to get rid of the "jc64, it seems you have not posted in quite some time...." banner on top of the page. So I used a simple observation to do it with. Don't get me wrong, I like the look of the forum. Just think I saw an honest mistake. Don't :banned: me.

I have learned a lot on the diesel forums, but seeing my truck is close to stock, I do not have very many words of wisdom for you all. I want a clutch in before I go any further with it. So I just lurk and chime in every once in a while like this.
You guys are doing a good job with your site. Keep it up.

See ya around,
jc

Oh, by the way, I am on day 32 of a 55 day vacation, so that is why I can stay up late at night. Na-Na-Nu-Na---Na :shake:

A wise man once said:

"There is no Gravity
The Earth Sucks"

Hence you should always be prepared!

All pressure gauges really should be "absolute". This helps avoid math errors and explains crappy boost levels at high altitude.

Is that why the Holset Twins suck more down by the seashore? :st: :ft:

Point taken, jc. :hehe: :hehe:

jc64 said:
Oh, by the way, I am on day 32 of a 55 day vacation, so that is why I can stay up late at night. Na-Na-Nu-Na---Na :shake:

55 day vacation... so that's what they call a jail term nowadays. :hehe: :hehe:

j/k man, welcome to CompD!