Un-FREAKING-believable

Also I forgot to mention that it your wheels aren't hub-centric, (wheel center hole is larger than the hub shoulder) you might want to get hub-centric rings for your wheels from a wheel dealer and that will lessen the stress on your studs and lugnuts. If sabotage is suspected, locking lugnuts are worth it.

I tried to read through the thread to see if this has been mentioned. If it hasn't, then this is something else to check:

When you take off the stock wheels, look on the back side of the wheel. They have little indents where the washers (don't know what else to call them) that slide over the wheel studs and hold the rotor in place.

MOST after-market wheels do not have this same indent. They are flat machined on the back side.

If you don't remove those "washers," the tires WILL constantly loosen. It will be a never-ending battle. If you havn't checked that, I sure would.

good point MDLUCKY---In my case there's no washers on the truck as of now--'ell don't ever remember there being any when I took the stock tires off---chris

Hey Chris look and see if the studs are seated all the way in the hub.....I would press them to make sure. I would get some factory studs too just to play it safe.

the studs are in all the way---I bought some McGuard studs and lugnuts, but I want to do the front end work so that I'm not replacing them again--I want everything new on the front---right now I just keep checking them in the morning and before I drive home----chris

I had that happen to me on my '01 back when it was on 35"s. I took a trip out to see my grandma in Nebraska and rotated my tires right before I left. I torqued them down like I always do and everything seemed cool.

Well I get to my grandma's house and she had me run to the store for her, so I start driving and I hear this weird squeak coming from the passenger front. I get out at the store and check everything and it all seemed ok.

Well on my way back home I'm cruising along at about 85 mph and the truck started shakin like a wet dog so I fly off on the shoulder and stop. Every single wheel stud was sheared off and I had only one holding the wheel on. If it hadn't of been for that one wheel stud, I would have flown off the road into a solid wall of trees. Needless to say I kept that wheel stud and its now framed for saving my life!:hehe:

Gotlift01---YIKES--did you figure out what caused it???-----what's amazing is how well the truck drives when all this going on---you don't know it until it's almost to late---even the first time it happened when I drove back home and then checked the lug nuts they were all loose and I didn't drive but 5 miles and all at low speed, but the truck steered fine around corners ----I'm still not sure what has happened but I checked the passenger side today and one lug nut was loose---now that tells me that maybe someone is on the sabotage loose----the rears are still are tight---and I tightened them all the same----still it's a little nerve racking----chris

I had that happen to me on my '01 back when it was on 35"s. I took a trip out to see my grandma in Nebraska and rotated my tires right before I left. I torqued them down like I always do and everything seemed cool.

Well I get to my grandma's house and she had me run to the store for her, so I start driving and I hear this weird squeak coming from the passenger front. I get out at the store and check everything and it all seemed ok.

Well on my way back home I'm cruising along at about 85 mph and the truck started shakin like a wet dog so I fly off on the shoulder and stop. Every single wheel stud was sheared off and I had only one holding the wheel on. If it hadn't of been for that one wheel stud, I would have flown off the road into a solid wall of trees. Needless to say I kept that wheel stud and its now framed for saving my life!:hehe:

WOW!!! I hope that you take that stud out of the case & oil it once in a while. That stud deserves it.