Underestimating the complexity/cost of this?

3Deez

Can I take a complete 1995 ram with a cummins,4x4 5spd. And put the motor,trans and transfer in place of the 2003 6.0 auto 4x4 in my super duty with minimal conversion parts and cost?

Maybe I bumped my head.

Depends what you feel is minimal cost and work is! If 100's of hours and thousands of dollars is minimal then it sure is.

There's about 1 million Fummins conversion threads on this site. Take a peek at a few and you will get an idea of cost and the man hours it takes to do it right.

There's about 1 million Fummins conversion threads on this site. Take a peek at a few and you will get an idea of cost and the man hours it takes to do it right.

Ok. I used the search function but couldn't find this scenario...prolly cuz it's a bad idea.

Use google search.

type 'competition diesel (then whatever you want to search)' into the google search bar.

It doesn't seen like a lot at first but it's all the small stuff that will kill you.

Another google tip is to type site:competitiondiesel.com

Try this

site:competitiondiesel.com cummins ford conversion

Thats a good tip, never thought of it before.... the search function on this site is definately lacking

Start reading, lots of info out there.

Start measuring and figuring out where everything will go.

Figure out time and cost and then when you have a good idea, double it and then add a little more to it.

Its worth it in the long run, but take your time and research and plan it out.

Tobin

Depends what you feel is minimal cost and work is! If 100's of hours and thousands of dollars is minimal then it sure is.

Agreed! It takes a lot of time and money. Some money can be saved if you can do the fabrication of motor mounts, intercooler piping etc. I love mine now but it definitely took some time to complete it.

Lots of time and money involved, spending more may save some time. If you could make everything parts wise it would save some money but the time involved will go way up.

It could be done. IF you sell the 6.0 parts and take your time it is possible. You will not have a race truck but it could be done.

I was only out of pocket $100 in my conversion until I decided to replace the tranny now I am in it for $4500. I did have lots of cummins parts I sold and 6.0l parts I sold (still have the heads) but I had lots of cummins parts to buy converting my motor from a medium duty 5 spd motor to a light duty auto motor. I did spend 2 years on my swap and it is still not dialed in yet.

Lets see the parts you will need to get/fabricate to get this to work:

Motor Mounts $325 or fab your own.
Alternator bracket $169 or used the dodge alt and add a regulator.
Tach kit $249
Radiator hose kit $179 or make your own
Down pipe custom made $????(I used the aluminized 6.0 CAC tubes)
overflow catch can coolant $50-$100
CAC tubes $139
drive shaft modification/ballance $300-$600
hydroboost line mods Custom hose $60-$100
oil pressure sensor from a 1996 F250 gasser $8
modify fuel lines $100
ps, tranny fluid, and oil+ filters $???
Tranny cooler hoses custom made $200
modify your xmembers and skid plates $200
Time, lots of time $????
the cost of converting to 5spd. ????

There may be some things I am missing but this is a big chunk of it.
You have the dodge to get parts from and you will have the 6.0l to part out.

Is there anything else I am missing?

Last edited: