upgrade brakes

manny31

Hello, anyone know is the spindles from 01-02 fit a 96. Would like to get the dual piston calipers on mine.

You'll need a new axle.. I tossed a 2000 front axle under my 98 just so I could get the newer calipers and 3rd gen rotors.. Still searching for an 01.5 - 02 rear end...

mine is 2wd, I want 3rd gen rotors. I go through brakes once a year. I think is upgrade would help

Keep your rear brakes adjusted. It seems like it needs to be done at every oil change. Your fronts will last a lot longer.

I adjust rears often, I have also done the Chevy one ton rear cylinders upgrade. Works good. I have a Reading service bed (heavy) full of A/C parts and tools. Trucks weighs 8k, been on scales a couple of times. When I tow its scary (lol).Was Thinking just change spindles Put 3rd gen rotors and bigger calipers would help.

I guess that what I'm going to do.I have the rims on it, its in my sig. Cant beleive that no one on 3 different forums would know.

Last edited:
I guess that what I'm going to do.I have the rims on it, its in my sig. Cant beleive that no one on 3 different forums would know.
I was just making sure you knew. It should be pretty easy to tell once you pull the rotor off.