Upgrade Scenario

dorkweed

Y'all can see what my truck is now. Smarty rocks by the way!! This is my DD and my work truck. I tow my work trailer around from job to job; and she's pulling it most everyday of the week. If she's not on the road, I ain't making any $$$$!!! I bought her new and she's just under 100,000 miles now. I have EGT, boost, fuel pressure and rail pressure gauges. I think my next mod will be the Arson II kit. Then after that some 50hp sticks. Should I put head studs in then??? After that it may be a while til my next mod, but after that I was thinking maybe a finding a s400 turbo to go along with the stocker as a twin set up. I want a towing monster, not a dyno queen!!!! Any help/insight is appreciated.

Bump!!! Come on!!! Y'all are disappointing me. I'm asking this question here, because y'all arent' the teenie boppers that say "ya cool" to everything like on other forums!!! I'd really like some input to what y'all think of my plans. Are they OK or are they crap???? Lemme know!!

yeah but, nobody likes a dorkweed LOL j/k

no you won't need studs. They'll come in later when you're ready to build a lot more boost. I assume you have a stock turbo and that will never make enough to need studs. IMO, that should be your next upgrade, a bigger turbo. You'll have more fuel than you can use with the Arson kit and your EGT's will be pretty hot.

if you start getting into the realm of 50 to 60psi and up, then you'll need to worry about studs.