Upgraded fuel system

dotson90

Chupacabra
I know this topic has been discussed numerous times and you have probably seen this setup already. I just wanted to share the diagram I made. This is how I plan on doing my fuel system in the near future. :Cheer:

FuelSystem.jpg

Yea, was afraid of that, I was just looking at the water separators online, a lot of them only like pressure of about 25 psi max. In that case, I'll probably just do away with it and look into a better fuel filter.

I will probably do away with the WS and just run a 10 micron FF before the a1000. Similar to this.

e00714466aab98b8f5bbbd69fe4eabba.jpg

Last edited:
I will probably do away with the WS and just run a 10 micron FF before the a1000. Similar to this.

e00714466aab98b8f5bbbd69fe4eabba.jpg

10 micron is too tight on the suction side. Most pump manufacturers state that using any filter finer than 75 micron on the suction side of a pump will void the pumps warranty, I wouldn't be surprised if Aeromotive had a similar requirement.

Edit: They do: Pre-Pump Fuel FiltrationAeromotive

Can you put a 100micron water sep filter on the vacuum side of that pump, and push through the 2micron one?
I know these filters dont like restriction on the feed, but 100micron might be fine.
I dont see how any water sep could work on the pressure side of the pump. The water would emulsify and pass right through. It needs time to settle to the bottom.
Maybe a water-block filter that swells with water might work. But it will restrict flow as it absorbs water.

Last edited:
you do not need a water separator. just run an inline screen style filter before the fuel pump and then run a spin on style after the pump. all the inline is there for is to protect the pump from any large particles. I found the inline from summit racing, and the spin on filter base and filter from cummins

Check out this WS may work for you.. On a FASS system WS is before the pump..

Attachments

• DSC00064.jpg
    DSC00064.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC00065.jpg
    DSC00065.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 0