Uprating an ISM

kalder

Kevin Alder
How do you do it. I've never tried. Worked with Insight a bit. I update the software in our trucks all the time.

We have 385(?) horse ISMs. Can I flash them with a higher horsepower? I'm sure there comes a point where I'll need mechanical upgrades....

How do I do it? And how high can I go?

How do you do it. I've never tried. Worked with Insight a bit. I update the software in our trucks all the time.

We have 385(?) horse ISMs. Can I flash them with a higher horsepower? I'm sure there comes a point where I'll need mechanical upgrades....

How do I do it? And how high can I go?

Can't add much, your turbo will overspeed and cause derate.

You'll have to take it to a cummins dealer only a dealer had the capabilities of doing ECM cals. And you can go as high as your engine cpl will allow you to before any hard parts have to be changed.

You'll have to take it to a cummins dealer only a dealer had the capabilities of doing ECM cals. And you can go as high as your engine cpl will allow you to before any hard parts have to be changed.

I can't do this with the pro level of Insight?

I guess I'm asking what the procedure is for changing the ECM cal.
We have the capability to do updates. For instance, I updated one of our trucks from AT20108.04 to AT20108.21 yesterday. This engine is a 425hp ISM.

We have a fleet of dump trucks that everyone complains about power. I thought it would be funny to bump one truck without anyone knowing. Then sit back and listen to the drivers conversations during break.

I have a simple minded sense of humor.

I'm not sure if you would be able to change the base cal. AT20108 is the base cal the .xx is the revision level which is where engineering makes changes to the base cal to fix bugs and such. I'm not sure if the pro version would allow you to change the base cal which is what the different power ratings come from.

You can change the cal but your not going to notice much. I'll send you a PM. Cummins dealer can't do chit

You need a fleet calibration count for each one, they run about 75 a piece. Then you can flash ECM to anything you want in the engine serial number...but if these aren't your trucks, it seems like a good way to get fired...

You need a fleet calibration count for each one, they run about 75 a piece. Then you can flash ECM to anything you want in the engine serial number...but if these aren't your trucks, it seems like a good way to get fired...

Oh I agree!