USA-EAST 2013 "Rules Meeting"

Yeah i see the point there. The rule that rj just posted leaves no room for imagination IMO! It should be writen in the rules!

Oh but it does. What about a fuel drum?? 55 gallons should do it :stab:

I was going by the website is all. And for that matter, I dont see it in any of the written rules 2.6, not only FPP.

So I have heard some organizations are going to adopt hyd steering for 2.6 for safety reasons( vehicles smashing other vehicles in the pits). Wondered if that was looked at for 2013?

Wasn't discussed. Golf carts on the other hand seem to have run-away problems and problems steering. Maybe we need to look at kill switches on golf carts this year to limit crashes in the pits

Last edited:
So I have heard some organizations are going to adopt hyd steering for 2.6 for safety reasons( vehicles smashing other vehicles in the pits). Wondered if that was looked at for 2013?

I know both orgs We pull with in wny are going to allow electric hyd steering

from phone

I know both orgs We pull with in wny are going to allow electric hyd steering

from phone

That I heard was going to be a reality. I was also told from one of your guys that the ohio/indiana organizations were the ones going to this first. So my question is,will the organization in the middle of us both make life easy and go to it to make it more appealing to everyone?

That I heard was going to be a reality. I was also told from one of your guys that the ohio/indiana organizations were the ones going to this first. So my question is,will the organization in the middle of us both make life easy and go to it to make it more appealing to everyone?

Yeah We got it from what ppl was saying they would allow. The problem We are going to have is if We want to in pull with fpp once in awhile.

from phone

Thus my question on this thread. I hope so. Its not noticeable from the stands, will eliminate the vac pump that wrecks stuff when it gives up

I wannna class that only allows silver chevys, with stock cube engines, 10 gal fuel cells, BW turbos, and single 5" stacks only. Whos with me?

Why don't the competitors with 2.6 mod trucks put their big boy pants on, install a bigger turbo and run with the big boys?

Electric/hyd steering for safety? You've got to be kidding me! :bang

maybe it was a poor choice of words. And im only repeating what other orgs are doing.Thats all

Why don't the competitors with 2.6 mod trucks put their big boy pants on, install a bigger turbo and run with the big boys?

Electric/hyd steering for safety? You've got to be kidding me! :bang

And I want to play with them. There is nothing in N.Y. as far as an org that has those trucks.I have traveled in the past with the truck in the pro stock class and did very well. The $5 fuel is my main problem. But like I said, wasnt me that adopted the rules, just looking to "fall in" with the crowd

And I want to play with them. There is nothing in N.Y. as far as an org that has those trucks.I have traveled in the past with the truck in the pro stock class and did very well. The $5 fuel is my main problem. But like I said, wasnt me that adopted the rules, just looking to "fall in" with the crowd

I'm not pointing at you, it's just my pet peeve that this class has escalated from a 600 -800 hp class to almost double that in about 3 years. Everyone involved has that competitive drive that continues to push the limits to higher levels.
Bottom line..............we are all crazy! LOL

When are we gonna have open driveline and cut tires? Can't be more than a year or two off!

No end to the insanity....

On second thought, let's keep it stock driveline.

That way the big shops can sell billet rear end housings and billet transfer cases with gears, chains, rings and pinions made of Unobtanium-300M-aero-rocket-grade-cryo-magic.

No need for a billet tcase, all you need is a np205....:lolly:

I'm not pointing at you, it's just my pet peeve that this class has escalated from a 600 -800 hp class to almost double that in about 3 years. Everyone involved has that competitive drive that continues to push the limits to higher levels.
Bottom line..............we are all crazy! LOL

Well said. Just trying to play the game is all

Back