used injectors

cm cows

Here by the owl
what do yall think about buying used injectors, their DDIII's for a good price. i have no experince with injecors so any advice is awesome!! ddp new are way to expensive but somthing about like jammers arent, what yall think

I put used injectors in my truck and had no issues. They only had 5k on them, but I don't know if it matters much. I'd probly do it if you know who your getting them from, maybe not if it's just off ebay or something.

PS: I would like to see more pics of your twins setup....the fake ones!
They look like alot of fun.
:hehe: :hehe: :hehe:

If you know the history or truck they came from I'd drop them in the motor tomorrow. If you do not know anything about them it might be worth the while to have them checked over.

BTW, the III's are a great size IMHO :rockwoot:

so could they be damaged from high tempertures or other things i just dont awnt to buy something thats goin to quit in a few years. i think i have talked my self out of them

Well, where are they coming from and what kind of mileage are on them? Worst case, you can send them back to DDP and have them freshened up very reasonably.

Clay, I bought used Jammer 4's and dropped them in without issues. They came from blackdiesel02 in Arkysaw and looked like they were dipped in tar. I just shinned them up a little and stuck 'em. I'm sure my scotch-bright worked well on the holes... :bang

hey thanks jory, i think if i hear of someothers that have had good sucsess with used injectors it makes me feel alittle better. and thanks tim for that little bit of info i didnt even think about that. everone has been a big help!

If I remember right, Justin may still be wanting to detune his old truck. He had a set of Jammer 5's in there but he also has a set of 7 x 13's or something like that. Either way, the 5's have been in my truck and I pulled them. He would probably part with either set for a reasonable price. I'll ask him and let you know if he has a set for sale. You could come to town and we could stab them in about a hour or so. The 5's are 150hp and I think the others are like 175 or so. Either way, they will be a little warm without a turbo upgrade. The 5's smoked a little more than my 4's so I pulled them and put my 4's back in.

man you have no idea how much i would like to do that but for now the 150 are to big and i would like to stay around 100hp. but yeah would he want to detune his truck?

He has a new I think '06 dually. The ol' black '99 is not his "new baby". :D

if he ants to get rid of the 5s jory i would be interested if cm descides to go a different route id have to make sure there what i want to run with my twins first though thanks ben.

He was running the 5's with a 35hybrid/HT60 twin setup. Ran good. Made just over 500 on a dyno. I don't know which one or what altitude or all the other bull corn that get argued, but it made good power. I sent him an email. I'll let you know.

i have some custom 7x .012 injectors that are 175hp.

I forgot about those jammer 5s, I think I have them in the shop somewhere.

02 dodge4x4 5.9 I will send you a pm.

Justin

Last edited:
Back