Using a HE351 VGT Batmowheel in in a HE 351cw?

Redneekgeek

Was wondering if with a bit of machine work to the turbo if you could use the VGT wheel as it is larger instead of the standard CW wheel, I plan on porting the exhaust side and drilling the wastegate on the HE351CW, I have full assess to a well off machine shop to do the machining if the VGT wheel would work, if not then ill just go with the standard CW Batmowheel, Thanks for any input! :charger:

The 351cw and 351VE wheels are the exact same. It will be a direct drop in, just like the Hx40 wheel.

Ok, will I see any improvement from using either the VGT wheel or hx40 wheel? or should I just get the normal he351 wheel? I was under the impression they where a bit larger?

Lol, That makes things a lot simpler, Is there any wheels that I could get and make fit with a little machining that would improve performance? I have a spare HE351 and am willing to give something a try

the batmo wheel I bought has he351 and hx40 marked on the back of it. I have not had a chance to install it yet.

Lol, That makes things a lot simpler, Is there any wheels that I could get and make fit with a little machining that would improve performance? I have a spare HE351 and am willing to give something a try

There is new 62mm wheel on BAE's website.

I would stick to the factory wheel. Not much of a change to really make it worth the time and money. According to Holset's website, the 40 can flow 70lb/min(.52kg/s). Of I did anything, I would replace the turbine wheel to a 70/64 and port the wastegate.

Roger, I figured I picked up the turbo for 100 bucks so I have room to play with it, and why not upgrade to the 62mm wheel vs the 60 longs I am at? The wheel is only 90 bucks, or should I just get the stock batmo for it? Eventually this turbo is going in a twin setup

If the 60mm wheel from the 40 flows 70lbs/min and a 62mm Borg Warner wheel flow 72lbs/min then it's not much of a upgrade. If your wheel is junk, then it would be different. That turbo will support 600+ with a decent primary.

The comp wheel is not the limit on the 351's, is the tight exhaust wheel and housing.

Well I was thinking of upgrading the exhaust wheel to this here http://baeturbosystems.com/compressorwheelformitsubi****d04hl4350mminducer-5600mmexducer-1-1-3-1-2-4-1-3.aspx The turbo is an extra turbo just having a bit of fun, none of the parts I have listed are that pricey we are talking like 300 bucks total lol just want to see if i can do it, And I also saw on a holset sheet that they make 14cm housings for these turbos?

Is it worth upgrading the exhaust wheel? to what I have in the link?

Back