Vaccum pump shaft broke

Hell yeah he is. Overnighted the pump with no questions asked. Even called me back to say that he couldn't get it overnighted to the shop (even though it's 3 mile from my parents it's in a different city) but said he could get it overnighted to my parents (I called him bout 25 mins before the post office shut down). While I hope I never have to do this kind of business with him again, I won't hesitate to recommend him or order from him again.

So I pick up the truck from the shop and they said I have a funny noise coming from my transfer case (I told them to check the u-joints) and that is sounds like some slop is in there. Oh yippie. Anyways, I bring the truck home, park it, go inside to grab my stuff, go to start the truck, no click. I have full power to everything but no click from the starter. The freaking starter died on me now. So back into the shop it goes. To say I'm mad is an understatement. First my motor might be fried, then the vac pump frags itself, my t-case might be screwed (don't know how cause it never gets engaged), and now my starter. Oh, did I mention that they left a bunch of wires hanging down under my dash and disconnected one of the wires to my lock up switch and just left it hanging? What in the hell were they doing under my dash when I told them my problem was in the engine? And my mom wonders why I don't like people working on my truck and have a hard time trusting any mechanic.

That sucks man. But I agree with you. I don't let anyone touch my truck except for myself and a select few individuals that sometimes work with me.
Sean

It bugs the crud out of me to know that someone else is molesting my baby. I just don't trust anyone to work on it. I have it setup how I like it, I know where everything is and how everything goes, how everything fits together. I don't like somebody screwing with it. I've already called them several times to tell them how to operate the tranny (letting it idle in neutral for a while when you first start it in the morning), how the truck starts, it's little quirks. I shoulda sent an operating manual with it.

973604x4 said:
Tyler we need to start a thread about "the cursed trucks of college station" starting with eric's truck, then my truck, then your truck, and so on.....
My old grey truck could be the president of that club!!

Well the saga continues. Got the truck out of the shop after the starter was replaced and mom and dad decided to take it down to the local car wash and have it hand waxed and interior detailed and what not just to be nice parents. Well I get a call from dad today saying that my TST was turned on and should he turn it off. I thought that was strange and figured that they had just bumped it while cleaning it. Then he called back and said that the truck would shutter when it was coming to a stop. I told him to look at my lock up light and see if it was lit and he said it was. I've got a lockup switch that is hidden behind the steering wheel and isn't able to be tripped accidentally. I told him to flip it the other direction to see if that helped. It didn't. My converter is in lock up constantly now. It was fine when he dropped it off and now it's not and my tst was turned on. Hmmmm. Sounds like some dumbass decided to have a joyride in my truck and jacked it up. So now I have to take time off work and go back home and try and figure out what the idiots did to it. Dad's already talked to the manager and told him that he is responsible for any damages that may occur (I'm still on stock shafts). This is not what I wanted to hear after being without my truck for a week and being stuck at working pulling 14-16 hour shifts since the 4th and will continue to be doing so until the 20th.