Vacuum Line

Buck88

Simple Man
The vents in my truck were blowing through the defrost vents only, so I narrowed it down to a vacuum leak. Fixed the leak, everything works fine. But when I was searching for the leak, I found a green vacuum line on the backside of the engine on the drivers side just hanging there next to a white/grey vacuum line. I followed them down to the t-case. I can only imagine that it got disconnected when I took off the egr bs. Anybody know what this line connects to?

I was having issues with the CC. Also, there was an excess of oil coming out of the breather tube ( I heard that could be connected with vacuum issues as well). No issues shifting into 4x4 though.
Thanks, Buck​

There is a line that comes from the transfer case as a vent for the CAD. Is the inside of the vacuum lines oily? There is a recall for the pump dumping oil back into the line.

No, none of the lines are oily. There is just a green line not connected to anything and I traced it down to the top back of the t-case.

t case should have 3 lines going into it check your vaccum plug at your t case

No, none of the lines are oily. There is just a green line not connected to anything and I traced it down to the top back of the t-case.

Upper end of the green line should have a "filter" on it. Looks like a check valve. It's the vent for the 4x4 vaccuum switch. There should be 4 lines running to the top of transfer; source, engage, disengage, and vent (your green line).