Valve Size??

Street sleeper

Part-Time Puller!!
I was wondering if the size of the intake and exhaust valves are different on a Dodge 12v vs. a Medium duty truck vs. a bus vs. an industrial application? I have a "IH" casted head from a bluebird bus that I was thinking of having O-ringed to install on my 96 DD. Just wanted to know if there is any differences in the two heads. Thanks for the input.

Supposedly the IH cast block and head are stronger because there is more nickel content.

Supposedly the IH cast block and head are stronger because there is more nickel content.

Key word supposedly. There wasn't any scientific sampling to develop a pattern. Pulling 2 or 3 blocks out of millions doesn't justify a repesentative sample. Kind of like the rod theory.

I know rods have been cut and sampled by some, which might improve the probability of better products. Until a complete analysis or data from cummins showing data. I will continue to call this speculation.

So does anyone have any input on the valve size or head differences? My head is off from a p-pumped bus engine.

All valves from automotive to marine 5.9 are same size , but......

..... marine head uses the high temp exhaust valves... :pop: