valves

Jetpilot

Got Fuel
I am looking at having intake and exhaust valves made for the 12v cummins. I will have Ferrea do the valves in OEM dimensions but using much better alloys and angles. The valve will incorporate stellite seats on the valves. I need to get around 40 guys to commit to purchase as 250 pieces of each valve needs to be ordered, pricing will be around $300 total. Who would be interested?

Doug

Dang...I wish I had more time to get this truck going...but I need to get it running again soon.

I'll put some thought into this...any timeframe ideas if this proceeds?

Chris

Ferrea said 120 days for the run. I can do it with less than 250 pieces but the price goes up about 50% so I am hoping enough guys are interested....

Signature600 said:
Ooof...$300 for 12 valves isn't terrible...but $600 is getting there!

Chris

Wouldn't up 50% be $450???:)

Stock size or larger???

OK here we go....

Stock size, larger hasn't shown hardly any gain because of shrouding.

Both intakes and exhaust valves are included.

12V engine, no 24V stuff (at least not yet, would need another 250 pieces of each plus price would be about double).

These will be nice pieces and will last a lot longer than any current aftermarket valves available now. But it will take a commitment from guys.

Doug

i am in for a set for a 24V if you want to start another thread for us 24V guys

Scott

Are they better than Marine 370 high temp exhaust valves ? :poke:

AsTroSS said:
Are they better than Marine 370 high temp exhaust valves ? :poke:

Yup! They are just inconel valves..... These would be good for over 400* more. Also they are less expensive. :woohoo:

Jetpilot said:
OK here we go....

Stock size, larger hasn't shown hardly any gain because of shrouding.

Both intakes and exhaust valves are included.

12V engine, no 24V stuff (at least not yet, would need another 250 pieces of each plus price would be about double).

These will be nice pieces and will last a lot longer than any current aftermarket valves available now. But it will take a commitment from guys.

Doug

How far are you from the 250 people required?
Doesn't PDR on their stage 3 port job, just use the intake valve for the exhaust? Saying that on a 24V could you just use the same valve for intake and exhaust, hence getting the 250 piece would only require about 65 people?

On a 24v head you can use the same valve for intake and exhaust, we can't do this on the 12v. Also the exhaust valve is about twice the price of what an intake is.....

As for number they aren't even close yet. Hopefully more will step up soon.

Jetpilot said:
On a 24v head you can use the same valve for intake and exhaust, we can't do this on the 12v. Also the exhaust valve is about twice the price of what an intake is.....

As for number they aren't even close yet. Hopefully more will step up soon.

I thought this is what a piers stage 3 12V head was. Ported and larger exhaust valve. Of course the porter at piers told me that the stage 3 head wasn't worth the cost.

Would the same Valve help the 24V price? Same part program on the CNC, just different material, tooling/cut rates.

Jetpilot said:
I am looking at having intake and exhaust valves made for the 12v cummins. I will have Ferrea do the valves in OEM dimensions but using much better alloys and angles. The valve will incorporate stellite seats on the valves. I need to get around 40 guys to commit to purchase as 250 pieces of each valve needs to be ordered, pricing will be around $300 total. Who would be interested?

Doug
ABOUT .030 BIGER ON INTAKE & EX I MIGHT BE?

Jetpilot said:
Yup! They are just inconel valves..... These would be good for over 400* more. Also they are less expensive. :woohoo:
If they are made of iconel :bow: then add me to the list :rockwoot:

I knew marine 370 valves are super expensive, i bought one set few months ago :doh: