valves

zstroken said:
I thought this is what a piers stage 3 12V head was. Ported and larger exhaust valve. Of course the porter at piers told me that the stage 3 head wasn't worth the cost.

Would the same Valve help the 24V price? Same part program on the CNC, just different material, tooling/cut rates.

We can go to a larger valve but flow tests have not proved a gain due to shrouding. Also what I am trying to do is get a valve that everyone can use... As for machining the valve to fit a 24v, there are just too many differences to do this and have a good product. We would need to do the same thing, spec a valve and have it made. Pricing would be around $550-$600 a set for the 24v.

Doug

Jetpilot said:
We can go to a larger valve but flow tests have not proved a gain due to shrouding. Also what I am trying to do is get a valve that everyone can use... As for machining the valve to fit a 24v, there are just too many differences to do this and have a good product. We would need to do the same thing, spec a valve and have it made. Pricing would be around $550-$600 a set for the 24v.

Doug
24v in/ex are1.299 for all. 12v in are1.772 and ex are1.654
what size are you looking for.i have a book 500 pages all sizes of valves working on a 12v head right now.might save you $$$.$$

I have looked at tons of valves that would work, but none that will last and use the alloy's that I want. I am looking for a better mousetrap here, the $$ is not the main factor as performance and durability. $300 is a small price for a important part in a $20K or $30K engine.

Jetpilot said:
$300 is a small price for a important part in a $20K or $30K engine.

Talk about an understatement :bow:

To bad most people dont see it that way