VE Pump Inlet Fitting Size?

RacinDuallie

Black Sheep Racing
Have a Holley Blue (14psi) Electric pump to install and want to run -6AN or even -8AN to feed the Injection pump. What size or part number is used?? And what is preferred line size-6 or -8 ??

Thanks

Last edited:
IIRC, inlet threads are M12 x 1.5. Either -6 or -8 will work just fine. -6 (3/8") should supply plenty for over 500hp.

Thanks! Now if I delete the fuel heater from the system do I use the same M12 x 1.5 fitting at the stock filter assembly? And should I plumb the Holley blue to feed the stock lift pump or feed it on its own?

Just trying to get all my ducks in a row before the big teardown.

Feed its own. You run the risk of tearing the diaphragm and filling the crankcase with fuel really quick.

If you go 3/8", you are going to need to pull the pump apart to re-tap.

Feed its own. You run the risk of tearing the diaphragm and filling the crankcase with fuel really quick.

If you go 3/8", you are going to need to pull the pump apart to re-tap.
So the -6AN fitting will thread right in??

its all relative to the inside diameter if the inlet, there is no real benefit to going anything over #4 flare IMO, I ran a barb fitting that I hogged out to about 5/16, it was still far bigger than the inlet to the vane pump

the fitting I found for it was a freak, m12 to female pipe thread, no idea where I found it.
4621ba72.jpg

FWIW, this is how I'm plumbing my chevy.

m12x1.5 X -6an 90* fitting at the inlet to the VE. (don't mind the hose barb fitting and hose on there, it was just for a test fire on the stand)

temporary-2.jpg

Line is all SS -6 from the tank, through pre-filer, LP, filter, then VE (this setup is all on the inside DS frame rail)

CIMG3388.jpg

That is a walbro frb-5 LP, it was perfect for the chevy DS4, not sure if it will work on the VE or not yet. It is easy to swap to something else if I need to.

Last edited:
lol, honestly I have you under $300 in the setup and still have a handful of leftover fittings and enough line left to do most of it again

I'd like to replace the inlet fitting and cheap plastic 90* that AD supplies. I had to grind some of the pump housing in order for the fitting to be able to thread in far enough. Luckily, it just barely seals. Doesn't seem like any modifications of that kind should be necessary if it's made specifically for that vehicle and/or engine. :bang

^^^Yea, you would think. I have no experiene with what AD supplies. I can tell you that this fitting (the blue one) threaded right in and has an oring seal as well. I got it from summit or jegs for pretty cheap. The silver fitting is just a -6an female to barb fitting so I could attempt to fire the engine out of the vehicle, but will be substituted for a proper hose end on -6 SS fuel line when the engine is in the engiine bay.

Back