Vegas Nationals Hotel

Kat said:
Thanks Sara :rockwoot:

But after doing mapquest I might try something in Vegas since we will have the hamsters with us. That is a long drive to Mesquite.

Kat, most of the folks I have spoke with say Mesquite is the place for the kids. Also, from what I am told, it is more miles to the track but about the same time from either place due to the Vegas traffic. Just an FYI.

DavidTD- is there a schedule yet for the event? Meaning what times (approx times) and if sled pulls are going both saturday and sunday? I couldnt seem to locate a schedule for the events.

Tommysgirl said:
DavidTD- is there a schedule yet for the event? Meaning what times (approx times) and if sled pulls are going both saturday and sunday? I couldnt seem to locate a schedule for the events.

I have not released the schedule as it is still being developed but I can give a general overview.

Saturday and Sunday will have both Sled pulling and Drag Racing. We will run it similar to our other National events in that we will start each day with drags and end it with the sled pulls.

Saturday will be a test and tune, qualifying, and hook for fun type of day and Sunday will be eliminations.

Saturday evening after the competition, we will have a band from Gilley's as well as the Diablo Sport Hot Bodies contest. Live radio remote will take place Saturday.

Dyno runs will be both days. Show and shine will be judged Saturday and winners will have parade lap on Sunday, and burn-out contest will most likely be Saturday between Drag Racing and Sled pulling.

Does that help clear the water up? :Cheer:

We are staying in Mesquite Friday, but thinking about staying in Vegas Saturday night to save the tow back. Can we leave the trailer at the track Saturday evening? I assue the activities you mention are in Vegas, not back in Mesquite?

dieseldragster said:
We are staying in Mesquite Friday, but thinking about staying in Vegas Saturday night to save the tow back. Can we leave the trailer at the track Saturday evening? I assue the activities you mention are in Vegas, not back in Mesquite?

Scott, you can leave your trailers at the track. You don't need to remove them until Sunday after the event.

Yes, the after hours concert and stuff will be held at the track until about 10:00 PM Saturday night.

:Cheer:

Thanks David for the info. We may not be able to stay for the sled pulls Sunday as Tom has to get in class Monday morning. We will have to see what we can do. I appreciate the info!

DavidTD said:
I have not released the schedule as it is still being developed but I can give a general overview.

Saturday and Sunday will have both Sled pulling and Drag Racing. We will run it similar to our other National events in that we will start each day with drags and end it with the sled pulls.

Saturday will be a test and tune, qualifying, and hook for fun type of day and Sunday will be eliminations.

Saturday evening after the competition, we will have a band from Gilley's as well as the Diablo Sport Hot Bodies contest. Live radio remote will take place Saturday.

Dyno runs will be both days. Show and shine will be judged Saturday and winners will have parade lap on Sunday, and burn-out contest will most likely be Saturday between Drag Racing and Sled pulling.

Does that help clear the water up? :Cheer:

Thanks for the information David :rockwoot:

According the the LVMS.com it looks like the drag racers can also to some test & tune Friday.

5/04/07 Diesel Test 'n' Tune 1-6 p.m.

05/05/07 DHRA Nationals - truck drags and pulling 10 a.m.-10 p.m.
05/06/07 DHRA Nationals 9 a.m.-5 p.m.

5pm on Sunday is not too good for us. We wouldnt get home until 11 or later. Tom and I will have to figure out if we can stay for Sundays events.

You tell Tom he really needs to stay for Sunday. Maybe I'll add a dunk tank with Gene in it? :rockwoot: :hehe: (jk)

If you can do that, I can convince him to stay sunday. I already called him and we are just going to bite the bullet and stay until the end of the pull and then head home. He will be exhausted monday but we will work it out.

We've got our rooms reserved at the virgin river in mesquite. Looking forward to the entire weekend, oughta prove to be a good time.

Where will they be doing the dyno runs? I'd like to get mine up on the rollers again.

RockinJW said:
We've got our rooms reserved at the virgin river in mesquite. Looking forward to the entire weekend, oughta prove to be a good time.

Where will they be doing the dyno runs? I'd like to get mine up on the rollers again.

If it's at all possible, I think the dyno will be placed where the operator can see both the drag races and the sled pulls.

just talked to them (North river)there are 238 smoking room and 120 room non somking still open under the group code

ill be driving up early sat morning and spending sat night up there