Velair clutch slip @ breakin?

goodstktbo

money out the pipes
Buddy got new trans (5spd) and a valair 400-850 clutch in, put it in in 5th gear at 40mph and slipped like he let out on the clutch any ideas? its a 97 12v with a #10 plate thats IT!!!

It shouldn't be slipping. Mine never did.

Yall didn't get anything on the facings did you?

I'd call Dan about it. He's definately a stand up guy. He'll get you taken care of.

My valair full feramic 13 inch slipped bad before it was fully broken in.

Derek

Buddy got new trans (5spd) and a valair 400-850 clutch in, put it in in 5th gear at 40mph and slipped like he let out on the clutch any ideas? its a 97 12v with a #10 plate thats IT!!!

did he resurface the flywheel on a flywheel grinder, did he do the break-in period,did he check for clearence on the 12V flywheel, the opening in the center of the flywheel has to be bored out on 12V to 7 inches or more to run the HD hub, if you did all this and or just need more info give me a call at 940-859-1496
Dan

Valair clutches are very picky about break in period. I had a full feremic clutch that I didn't break in properly and the thing was down on the rivets in less than a year and that was with less of a setup than what I got on the truck now.

My 13" slipped for a bit during break in just like Dan said it would.. It's held strong ever since. That was 2+ years ago.

he wants to know what the center bore is on a stock flywheel?
thanks

The bore on my stock flywheel was smaller than the HD centersection on my clutch needed it to be.

I had a single disc on my 04 for like a year and did lots of racing on it and it seen alot of drunk night lol and it never slipped, of course now i upgraded to DD 3600 and love it too and never slipped we run there clutches in every truck at the campous

He's back and rolling again, got the flywheel made that tad bigger and resurfaced it. Seems to be working good now.