VGT conversion

06cumminspower

i've heard of it before but was more curious about it when i got my latest diesel power magazine and in the back in the question and answer section is a pic of a 24v with a vgt on it and in the text it refers to an article about a ISX vgt on a 6.7l conversion but you look at the article and theres not much tech about it. so i am curious how costly is it to put a 6.7l vgt on my 06 and what electronics are required to make it work and will the exhaust brake be able to function with it? and is it really worth the trouble and should just get an aftermarket turbo instead. the only mods that i plan on is a set of either ddp 50 or 90hp tips and a upgrade cp3 kit (i think its like 15% or so) to run with my edge hot unlock.

The stock turbo on your truck and the 6.7 charger share the same compressor wheel. Only thing that will change is the spoolup and the added feature of the exhaust brake. Fleece makes the controller that runs it, they can configure it to run the ISX charger too.

I have all the stuff you would need to install it like factory minus the manifold. It involves new heater lines, turbo water lines and some heat shields.

i already have the jacob's jake brake kit on my truck now, so i would not gain any performance than just spool up? i want to flow more charge air than stock because just with the hot unlock my egt's already sky rocket

i just want to be out run by any new truck with just a programer/intake/exhaust/egr dpf delete

Back