Vibration after traction bar install

Mudn_1

Sweet Home
I just got finished building some traction bars (60"), after the install i have a vibration only in 5th gear accelerating between 1500-1900 or so, what could this be?

the only thing I can figure is the driver side bar it was a tight fit, I had to tap it back into place a little so maybe it is preloading the rear on one side!!

the stupid heims are tight too, they dont want to pivot side to side on the driver side also

maybe i just suck at suspension

is there any geometry that goes into these, or are they pretty straight forward?

Pretty straight forward install,but,I do not know how your bars are built.

Sounds like one side is loaded and the other not thus the rear is out of alignment.

Make sure after your install that the length from the center of the lift block to the center of the top ball joint is exactly the same,no matter what pre-load you desire.If you do not then the rear will be off in alignment and the truck will track sideways down the road and could create a vibration as you describe.

The bars on my truck are alot longer than yours but if it doesn't rain here tommorrow I will measure what I have mine set at for you.........Andy

well i need to measure then, what do i need to do if the mounts are a little longer on one side than the other?

so I guess, i'm the only idiot that has got a vibration after putting bars on?

i got a vibration after lifting my truck..... the RCI ladder bars i put in (came with the lift) killed the vibe somewhat.. still not perfect though, it comes and goes and only happens as i accelerate from a dead stop till the end of first gear... new steady bearring and u-joints.... i'm thinkin maybe i have it shimmed a touch to much in the rear... perhaps 2deg. instead of the 4deg. i have in.

I torqued the u-bolts to spec and it helped significantly, I am gonna check the u-joints out this week even though they are new!

other than that, I'm out of answers

the only thing I can figure is the driver side bar it was a tight fit, I had to tap it back into place a little so maybe it is preloading the rear on one side!!

Figure out how to get rid of the preload you likely have thanks to this and see if the vibration still exists. That would be my suggestion. Can you not adjust the length via the rod ends? I would guess not given you said you had to "tap" it in.

Figure out how to get rid of the preload you likely have thanks to this and see if the vibration still exists. That would be my suggestion. Can you not adjust the length via the rod ends? I would guess not given you said you had to "tap" it in.

yeah It turned out to be just a tight mount side to side, but unloaded the i still have a slight vibration, loaded its the same only 5th gear

I'd take the bars out and make sure it is the bars causing the problem.