Videos from Scheids 2.6 class

ILLINOISRAM

INLINE INSANITY
This is the pull from qualifying round at schieds in the 2.6 class. I didnt have it on video but my buddy Smokin Flatbed did and thanks to him he uploaded it for me. If you have a video, post them up for us who are having withdrawls.LOL

Tim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AB-bmJZ_yI

So I'm guessing you use your 3.0 charger as it is for brush pulls and bush down to 2.6 at the larger events?

No last year it had the same charger but the 2.8 version bushed to 2.6 and a maxed 12mm pump at 25* timing and JL 6x18 injectors. I am switching to the 2.8 classes for this year

No last year it had the same charger but the 2.8 version bushed to 2.6 and a maxed 12mm pump at 25* timing and JL 6x18 injectors. I am switching to the 2.8 classes for this year

Oh ok haha. That 12mm sure was putting out alot of fuel wow.

Oh ok haha. That 12mm sure was putting out alot of fuel wow.

Im a firm believer of the 180 pumps. I would take one of them anyday over a 215. I just never liked the way they performed compared to our 180's. This pump and turbo will be on another 24v motor infront of a Goerend auto so we will se how that setup works.

Tim

That was a good run Eric. Your setup worked pretty good that day.

Have you seen the scheid videos? I just wondered how did Musselman get to pul twice.

Tim

Thanks Tim. I was just excited that I made into the finals, wasn't expecting it. Yea one of my buddies bought the videos. They actually reset the sled after his run but didn't anounce it. Sure made for a lot of confusion.

Have you seen the scheid videos? I just wondered how did Musselman get to pul twice.

Tim

I wondered the same thing. It doesn't make any sense to me. I goofed on my first hook and shifted into "N" instead of "D". They told me I could either drop to 3rd hook or not pull at all. Thought that was kind of weird considering every pull i've ever been to if you are the first truck to pull they give you a choice to keep your hook, or drop it and come back to pull last. I dont really understand how he got to come back and hook last, which gave him a huge advantage. His second pull was about 20ft. or more further than his last pull and Im 99% sure they didnt reset the sled.

Tim

X2 that was a strong run and the truck sounded great. Eric, were you running a bushinged charger?

I wondered the same thing. It doesn't make any sense to me. I goofed on my first hook and shifted into "N" instead of "D". They told me I could either drop to 3rd hook or not pull at all. Thought that was kind of weird considering every pull i've ever been to if you are the first truck to pull they give you a choice to keep your hook, or drop it and come back to pull last. I dont really understand how he got to come back and hook last, which gave him a huge advantage. His second pull was about 20ft. or more further than his last pull and Im 99% sure they didnt reset the sled.

I never saw the sled get reset either.

My take on the deal was Josh you had trouble and being first hook give you the option to come back third or last. Then dan goes and iirc does a 292 ft run. Then i go and do a 284 ft run. I was thrilled to be that close to a truck like that. Then Josh you go and blow me and Dan out of the water going over 300 and then every truck kept getting farther. Then dan comes back last and puts like a 100 ft on me (exageration but close LOL)I am happy with just making it to the finals but i wondered if i missed something or not. The top 26 trucks are a tuff bunch of trucks no doubt. I have just been confused is all.

Tim

Yeah no resetting of the sled happened. I'm with you guys on that one.

I like how when my intercooler boot blew someone in the crowd started yellin "i knew it was going to happen" MORONS!!!

I like how when my intercooler boot blew someone in the crowd started yellin "i knew it was going to happen" MORONS!!!

Thats the good thing about videos. It records all the stupid comments. LOL Didnt it actually rip the boot? It sounded like Matt was on a good run until that happend.

Tim

My take on the deal was Josh you had trouble and being first hook give you the option to come back third or last. Then dan goes and iirc does a 292 ft run. Then i go and do a 284 ft run. I was thrilled to be that close to a truck like that. Then Josh you go and blow me and Dan out of the water going over 300 and then every truck kept getting farther. Then dan comes back last and puts like a 100 ft on me (exageration but close LOL)I am happy with just making it to the finals but i wondered if i missed something or not. The top 26 trucks are a tuff bunch of trucks no doubt. I have just been confused is all.

Tim

They didnt give me the option to hook last though. The track guy told me I could drop to 3rd hook or not hook at all. I definitely would have rather dropped to last because my truck was hot and plus the track gets better as the pull goes on.

I was just glad to qualify. There were a lot of good running trucks that didnt qualify. I guess I can't complain too bad with how my truck ran considering I was running a 63.5mm S465.

yeah ripped it in 2, a boot thats supposed to hold 80psi, but all that has been replaced now! I really would of liked to see where the truck would of placed with all the top trucks in the country, but oh well always next year!

Back