Videos of a couple runs at Commerce this weekend

No it has coil overs.

JQ, that is the idea behind the small charger, low stall, quick stage and quick boost and let the nitrous do the rest. High stall converters are not the way to go for diesels IMO. Low as you can go and still stage fairly quick, that may involve a smaller charger though.

Bearner, have you scaled the truck with your CR setup vers my Ol 12v/400 combo? I pulled 2' wheelies even at 6.40's. I seen air under the tires on one of the videos so its still transfering well but might put her on scales to see where she's at these days. More and more people finding out the tight convertor package can work well if you can find ways of making big power on moderate size chargers and fine tune to make it work great. So your running a tight convertor And also have lockup correct.....how did the speed feel still running my old gear ratio but having over drive? Looking back I wished so bad I would have located a 2.70 or 2.90 gear and made some 1/4 passes in the truck just to see where it would have been at my power level..... I have no clue

Keep it up Bean, your doing a great job with the truck and I cant wait to keep watching the E.T.'s fall!

Ryan Tucker

Last edited:
You running a single charger or twins? 6.7 correct? I havent tried a charger yet that a 6.7 wont spool with a tight converter. Our 6.7 truck spools an 80mm with stock stall faster than my 5.9 truck can spool a 75mm with a loose converter.

Its a little over 4300 when I wieghed it at commerce so a little heavier then when you had it I think. I would imagine thats on the front side as well because I have not touched the back except for the pinion brake. I think it will tote the tires just gonna take a little more power.

What was your 60's at 6.40's?

You running a single charger or twins? 6.7 correct? I havent tried a charger yet that a 6.7 wont spool with a tight converter. Our 6.7 truck spools an 80mm with stock stall faster than my 5.9 truck can spool a 75mm with a loose converter.

Single 66/74 with a t4 housing and a 5.9. Also a 65mm gate.

The 6.7's do spool up a charger nice though.

Nice. I didnt realize it was that light. I guessed it would be close to the same as ours at 4900. Cant wait to see it go. Good looking truck

Its a little over 4300 when I wieghed it at commerce so a little heavier then when you had it I think. I would imagine thats on the front side as well because I have not touched the back except for the pinion brake. I think it will tote the tires just gonna take a little more power.

Damn 600LBS lighter than my half ton. Wow! Ryan must have knifed her good.

Ya your a tick heavier and like you said its prob. all in the wrong end. I used to have to weight up for the 4500# PS class. In a chassis that 'Works' super well, 1 or 2 percent bias can make a huge diff. in the way it performs. Toting the tires in that big truck out past the 60' marker will bring the people in the pits over to the truck every time, lol! I had to go back over some old time slips but on average my 60's in the 6.30 to 6.40 range was ~ 1.39-1.43. I found lots of slips with 1.34-1.39 60' but they were all 6.1x/6.2x passes. Your mph looks great though for where your at I was only running 110mph but I was geared a tick short even for the 1/8th at the time. Have fun!

Ryan Tucker

Damn 600LBS lighter than my half ton. Wow! Ryan must have knifed her good.

Oh ya. When you have about all the power you can afford, or at a point to 'just' keep from breaking parts....... you find all that extra in sheading wieght. It's the exact same thing as more power just cheaper if your creative and have the know how.

Ryan

Ya your a tick heavier and like you said its prob. all in the wrong end. I used to have to weight up for the 4500# PS class. In a chassis that 'Works' super well, 1 or 2 percent bias can make a huge diff. in the way it performs. Toting the tires in that big truck out past the 60' marker will bring the people in the pits over to the truck every time, lol! I had to go back over some old time slips but on average my 60's in the 6.30 to 6.40 range was ~ 1.39-1.43. I found lots of slips with 1.34-1.39 60' but they were all 6.1x/6.2x passes. Your mph looks great though for where your at I was only running 110mph but I was geared a tick short even for the 1/8th at the time. Have fun!

Ryan Tucker

I had a 1.47 a few weeks before in a 6.68 pass, dropped two tenths off the 1/8th but didnt gain any on my 60. I would have though I could have gotten down to a low 1.40 like you had with the 6.40 passes but I wasnt getting them. Might have been air pressure, had a little bit more in them for the big end of a 1/4 then I do when just running the 1/8th.

Cubic inches are amazing for that...I know some of the tractor pullers will just dump the clutch on a 5-inch charger and let their 600+ cubes do the rest :rockwoot:

Nice. I didnt realize it was that light. I guessed it would be close to the same as ours at 4900. Cant wait to see it go. Good looking truck

That older sheetmetal is pretty light. My first gen long bed with a Dana 70 was 4,850 stock. With a short bed and weight taken out of it, I think low 4,000's could be pretty easily acheived.

That older sheetmetal is pretty light. My first gen long bed with a Dana 70 was 4,850 stock. With a short bed and weight taken out of it, I think low 4,000's could be pretty easily acheived.

Wow.

I had a 1.47 a few weeks before in a 6.68 pass, dropped two tenths off the 1/8th but didnt gain any on my 60. I would have though I could have gotten down to a low 1.40 like you had with the 6.40 passes but I wasnt getting them. Might have been air pressure, had a little bit more in them for the big end of a 1/4 then I do when just running the 1/8th.

Makes since to me, I also added more air in the 1/4 mile passes I was forced to run in the Altered to make it more stable on the big end. It did soften up the hit [traction], but a bit more stable ride in a 150+ mph go cart was worth it for no more 1/4 racing than it did. I'll PM you the pressures I ran in the truck with a 33.5x16.5x15 Hossier and we'll compair. It's not going to surprise me that you have to add a bit of weight in the right spots to get your rear percentage right where you need it.

Ryan

Last edited: