Vp falling on its face!!!!

sledslayer525

Alright guys I've got an 01 SO vp, I've been having some problems with the truck acting up, after start up, and start up only, when I get around 1800rpms the truck falls flat on its face and immediately picks itself back up. After that the truck runs strong and I don't have any problems with it, I have an Airdog 165 pushing 17lbs of pressure and no engine codes, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!!!

Thanks man, are you meaning reset the apps, or check it with a volt meter? If so what reading would I need to look for, and how do you check it?

You need a good scanner and graph it through its range of motion to see if its dropping out at the rpm you said

It has to be that, I have a buddy just replaced his it was doing the same thing. Does it do it only once or every time you hit 1800 Rpms?

It varies man, here lately it's pretty consistent every time I start it and drive to 1800 rpms, but it use to only do it every now and then. And sometimes it spins over an extra round or two before firing, I've been thinking it was something other than the pump bc I have no power loss just the jumping after start

I'm almost positive it the apps/tps sensor then, the problem is they are pretty high in price. I think around the 200 dollars range for a sensor. But my buds did the same exact thing, you would be driving fine then all the sudden it cuts and losses acceleration for a second then kicks back in.

I'm almost positive it the apps/tps sensor then, the problem is they are pretty high in price. I think around the 200 dollars range for a sensor. But my buds did the same exact thing, you would be driving fine then all the sudden it cuts and losses acceleration for a second then kicks back in.

Google "timbo apps". I think the last oem one I bought from Napa was $400+

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Sounds like an injection pump failing dead pedal there is an after market apps that is a better design but they will also have erratic readings sometimes
Check fuel pressure and add a gauge to watch fuel pressure if you ever lose pressure pull over immediately and remedy the cause will save your injection pump

Thanks for the info guys I really appreciate it, how can I pin point that it is the apps sensor without having to buy one and taking a gamble at throwing away the money?

Find a friend with a good one and swap it.That will tell you all you need to know.

Thanks for the info guys I really appreciate it, how can I pin point that it is the apps sensor without having to buy one and taking a gamble at throwing away the money?

Mine threw codes when it went. If you have a big chain parts store near you, they'll usually let you borrow a scanner for a deposit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I doubt it is your APPS. If it was bad, it would be a consistent problem and "warming up" wouldn't affect it. The best way to check it is to swap with a buddy for a day. You can bench test it with a 5V power supply and a volt meter, I've done that many times. I'd be more apt to say you have an VP problem. Put 10 oz of power service in a new tank of fuel. I'll bet your problem goes away. When it does, you can blame the VP44.

Yep, most likely VP. APPS is usually a shift issue, bucking, etc. I had a truck a few months ago with intermittent dead pedal, he bought an apps. Ended up being VP, like I had been telling him for years.

Alright guys thanks for the info, I guess I'll be looking to see if I can swap some parts out