VP pistons in a 12v???

The biggest thing is the VP piston bowl isn't matched optimally to your the seven hole injector nozzle, but then again your running seven hole nozzle (143 deg spray). I really don't see to much of an issue other than the larger piston bowl. If you ran the five hole injector stuff, it would be way bigger match issue.

I would be interested to see how evenly the 12v injector would spray into 24v VP piston bowl, as the 12v bowl isn't centered like the 24v stuff. If the injectors are working fine, theoretically it should work out.

I would just use RTV glue for oil pan and slam stuff together. Worst case your out an afternoon of time and one head gasket. I can give you a hand if your interested.

so tonight i cut my stock 12v pistons open. ill start another thread on how im doing it in frame.

I would be interested to see how evenly the 12v injector would spray into 24v VP piston bowl, as the 12v bowl isn't centered like the 24v stuff. If the injectors are working fine, theoretically it should work out.

The wider the bowl the offset decreases, using a standard 12v injector with a centered bowl has been done for a long time since most all forged pistons have centered bowls. It is not that hard to move the pattern over to match a centered bowl location.

The wider the bowl the offset decreases, using a standard 12v injector with a centered bowl has been done for a long time since most all forged pistons have centered bowls. It is not that hard to move the pattern over to match a centered bowl location.

So a vp piston in a 12v with a 145* 12v injector will work fine? How do you move the pattern over to match a centered bowl piston?

So a vp piston in a 12v with a 145* 12v injector will work fine? How do you move the pattern over to match a centered bowl piston?

It will work, I'm not sure fine is the best word to describe it. We alter the orifice angles during the EDM process.