VP44. $1700 Blue Chip or other?

I don't have any money to "play with" I just don't want to be a cheap ass and do this again in a year. I need to know my options.
Sad to say but now is there really a true reliable VP44 pump? SO or otherwise? They will all succumb to failure at one point or another. $.02

ah....no, there isn't. LOL
I rest my case.:hehe:

Bring your woman home some flowers, make her fav. dinner or take her to her fav food shack and bring her home afterwards for some sweet loving.......

When your layin in bed, sweaty afterwards- tell her your doing a p-pump conversion.

:rockwoot: :rockwoot: :poke: :evil :Cheer: :hehe: :rules: :cheer: :woohoo: :clap:

X2 on Midwest Fuel Injection, good people, good prices. I think their price is $1034.00.

X3 on Mid-West Fuel Injection....took my old tapped pump no problem. Haven't tapped this one yet....still got a bit of warrenty left.

We got two Blue Chip's here. Took my HO off (which was tapped from day 1) to put on an SO I bought from a guy. Sold my SO and will have to put the HO back on which still works fine. The gf's got 60k on hers and it's been tapped for the last year. No issues so far from Blue Chip. Only reason I started buying his was because he said he'd warranty it if it's tapped with his stealth cover. This was 3 or so years ago though.

I've been running a BlueChip pump for about 3 years now, been tapped since day one and not one problem. My core was trashed and Chip said he didnt care, as long as he had the same type of pump returned.

So far:

Blue Chip = $1695
Industrial = $1020
Midwest = $962 (normally $1040 I think, can't remember)
Diesel Car = $1045

Blue Chip now has me worried about how many other rebuilt pumps actually have a NEW computer on them for those prices. I don't want a computer with 150K on it. I need to ask some vendors some more questions. :D

I got my SO from Scott at MassDiesel about 2 years ago and it's been tapped since. He gave me a far deal too. Give him a buzz!

If I get it from Midwest, I can get the pump and an airdog for $1384.00.

That is basically getting an air dog in additon to the pump for $380 instead of $499 from AirDog direct. Decisions decisions.....Hmmmmm.....Momma's gonna not like either decision I make....maybe I should clean out the dog house since the dog passed on a few months ago.

Chit, that ain't right. I'm all confused now. Midwest sells FASS. Dammit, my speadsheet is hosed. LOL Once again, leave it to an Engineer to over analyse everything.

Diesel Care Dodge Products from Diesel Care!

Pump $962.50
Charge $600 Core upfront
Computers are new, they build the pumps
AirDog with purchase is $499.00 (exact cost from Air Dog direct).

I'll post up my finding so maybe it will save someone else the hassle of calling all these folks. :D

Midwest Fuel Injection

Pump = $1013.92
New computer.
Shipping included both ways
No tool included
no core charged until 30 days is up ($500.00)
FASS 95/150 = $529.30

Last edited:
Truck Symptoms:

About 6 months ago it started idling bad. I noticed that if I added about 1 oz or power service to every 3 gallons of fuel, it smoothed out. So I've been running about 10 oz of PS in every tank since.

Now it appears that the PS won't cure it anymore. It smokes excessively under heavy pedal and never clears up when under light pedal at cruising speeds. Only time it clears in coating down a hill.

Boost pressures won't reach the top now. I can only get about 38 psi instead of 43 on level 5 with it to the floor for a mile. It won't wind up quick at all. It seems like it is starving for fuel but smokes like hell. (timing?)

Also, when I pedal to the metal it, when I let off, it misses for a second or two like the rotor is trying to bind up.

Injection Pump or other problem?????

May work may not!

Have you tried 2 cycle? TCW-3 Ashless stuff from Wally World! I have been running that for 3 yrs with no problems!!! May get you buy!

Sounds like the pump to me!!

go with midwest Jory, a standard ol SO pump is about the best you can get. i ditched my HRVP for a SO.

and yea, II is hard as hell to get cores out of...i had a buddy send in a RUNNING/WORKING vp44 that was just weak so he upgraded to the HRVP...they called and told him his core was no good, it was full of water, and beyond repair and wouldnt give him his core money back.