VP44 build

b_r_a_d_79

My buddy is wanting to build his truck into a pulling truck but still be able to drive it everyday. some parts we plan on doing is s475, edge drag comp, smarty, studs, south bend dual disk, 150hp injectors, lighting pump and fass 150, banks high ram manifold. we plan on swaping the turbos back to stock to drive everyday. the truck is a 2000 ex cab dually 5 speed. is this going to be enough to spool the turbo.

too small of injectors or too big of a turbo. one or the other has to give.

It is going to be a sheid lighting injection pump and we will bushing it

My buddy is wanting to build his truck into a pulling truck but still be able to drive it everyday. some parts we plan on doing is s475, edge drag comp, smarty, studs, south bend dual disk, 150hp injectors, lighting pump and fass 150, banks high ram manifold. we plan on swaping the turbos back to stock to drive everyday. the truck is a 2000 ex cab dually 5 speed. is this going to be enough to spool the turbo.

Am I reading right? You are planning on putting the stock turbo back on to DD?

Yea I could spool my S475 just fine with and sovp44, max port and polish without take intake off and competion valve job, Custom big stick cam, 7x.018 inj, .093 lines and tubes, smarty redline. I dynoed over 600 on redline adr stack. I also use a .9 t4 exhaust housing. Pulled 2nd high with 3.55 gears and 33".

Thanks Matt

74.5 x 101.2 x 83/74

It in the for sale section right now.

so a bushing in a larger charger will make it spool faster?

I would think it would have more of an effect on keeping it lit.

The velocity of the air going into the inducer should be higher with a bushing than without due to the smaller diameter. Will that make a big difference? Not sure.

I would think it would have more of an effect on keeping it lit.

The velocity of the air going into the inducer should be higher with a bushing than without due to the smaller diameter. Will that make a big difference? Not sure.

Thinking about this some more - this may make more sense...

Lets say a 3.0 charger is bushed down to 2.6. The bushing will restrict the total amount of air the turbo is being fed which will reduce the overall flow of the turbo. The turbo is moving less air than it would be if it were not bushed down from a 3.0. I think the fact that there is less air for it to move will keep it lit longer or spool sooner than my previous statement about the inlet velocity, as I think that is more negligible than the total airflow. How much will it help? Keep it lit a hundred or so RPM more? I don't know. Maybe a turbo shop could put their $.02 in.

keep the charger small on a vp truck. no matter what anybody on here says or anywhere else for that matter your vp truck will never run down the track at big rpms like a 12v or dmax. i dont care what box you run or what pump you have. you can make alot of power but it will not be at high rpms. so... keep the charger small, run a big gear, and muscle the sled. thats my .02

an s475 has a 96/88mm turbine wheel and comes with a 1.32 a/r t6 housing. i dont know how tight of a housing you can get for it, but im pretty sure a .90 or 1.0 t4 is not avail.

the s400sx has the 83/74mm turbine wheel, and with a .90 housing. the turbo is also over twice the cost.

SX = extended tip wheel, not 83/74 turbine wheel..........