VP44 build

i already have the turbo. i bought it from someone that had it on his pulling truck and all i know is it is a s475 and has a 5 inch intake and exhaust and is a t6

also might be able to get some 220hp injectors if would wrk beter and yes we do plan on putting the stock turbo back on to drive daily

SX = extended tip wheel, not 83/74 turbine wheel..........

:umno: they are the EXACT same compressor wheel

S400-75
Compressor: 74.7 mm inducer, 100.8mm exducer, with exclusive Extended Tip Technology.
Turbine: 95.5 inducer, 87.9mm exducer. Cast in Inconel 713 for high-temperature operation.
Compressor .63a/r, with 5.0" hose-type inlet, and v-band-type discharge.
Turbine: 1.32a/r, with 'divided' volute, featuring 'T6-style' turbine inlet flange

S400SX-75
Compressor: 74.7 mm inducer, 100.8mm exducer, with exclusive Extended Tip Technology.
Turbine: 83.5 inducer, 74mm exducer. Cast in Inconel 713 for high-temperature operation.
Compressor .63a/r, with 5.0" hose-type inlet, and v-band-type discharge.
Turbine: 1.10a/r, with 'divided' volute, featuring 'T4-style' turbine inlet flange

What if the turbo is old than the SX series? Also what if they are off of a john deere like mine when they come standard with a T6 housing?

its still a 1.10, and you can still get the .90 t4 for it

with the bigger turbine wheel you a) loose the spool up from the size of the wheel itself, and b) you loose the ability to run a normal sized housing.

so your telling me, i cant get a s400sx with a big turbine wheel? I guess the guy at borg sold me sumthing i didnt buy becuase they didnt make it......interesting.

Wheres the real turbo experts, Dan, Chris?????

so your telling me, i cant get a s400sx with a big turbine wheel? I guess the guy at borg sold me sumthing i didnt buy becuase they didnt make it......interesting.

Wheres the real turbo experts, Dan, Chris?????

if you bought an s475 with the 88mm turbine wheel i hope you didnt pay too much, its a $600 turbo new all day long.

if you bought an s475 with the 88mm turbine wheel i hope you didnt pay too much, its a $600 turbo new all day long.

No your right! I dont think all what your saying is wrong your just hard to fallow with what your saying.

I wouldnt run that charger. If I was gonna build a good daily driver vp pulling truck i would run a 64/71/14 with at least a 200hp inject. and a drag comp and a bd rad box. The key on a vp is not power but speed. You have to gear the truck and put a good enough clutch in it so that you can haul butt down the track and still somewhat keep the charger lit. You will have no rpm's so its critical you have speed.

I wouldnt run that charger. If I was gonna build a good daily driver vp pulling truck i would run a 64/71/14 with at least a 200hp inject. and a drag comp and a bd rad box. The key on a vp is not power but speed. You have to gear the truck and put a good enough clutch in it so that you can haul butt down the track and still somewhat keep the charger lit. You will have no rpm's so its critical you have speed.

exactly!!!

I do agree on the speed part. I have 4.10s and ran 4H 2nd gear on the hx35 and ran 22mph at my defuel point since i didnt have the vp tapped all the way down the track at 3300rpm. If i ran 4L 4th which is a little slower the truck wouldnt pull as far and at the end it would just spin out not grab and keep hooking hard like it did in the higher gear. I have a 66/73/.91 and a redline on the truck now and curious to see how it will run hooked to a sled in 4H 4th and maybe 4L 5th.

so yall are going to change the downpipe and turbo every time you pull? And wont the manifold have to be a T4 for the S400 while your stock turbo is a T3? Im not trying to put your idea down im just saying wouldnt you rather have the best of both worlds and not have to do turbo swapping all the time? A 64/71/14 is one of the best turbos for power on a vp and it also daily drives great.