VP44 Deathmatch thread.

583 is pretty good for just a comp and injectors! What turbo?

Ummm.... we have a local truck with a drag comp, 150HP Jammer tips on stock injectors, and a 66mm turbo and made 582HP with a SO pump.

I don't see 583 with a monster being a good number.

Lavon

583 is pretty good for just a comp and injectors! What turbo?

Silver Bullet. I found out his numbers & mods from a friend of his, he wouldn't tell me what he did to it. Another guy said that he has a cam also. I have a video from last year when he beat me by 15ft. Before installing the Monster, I ususlly beat him by 10-15ft every time we pulled. I only had 125hp sticks, 62/71/14 & Adrenaline would only rev to 2700rpm, but he laid it on me.

His pull.
dodge video by cummins724 - Photobucket

My pull.
SD531508.flv video by cummins724 - Photobucket

Ummm.... we have a local truck with a drag comp, 150HP Jammer tips on stock injectors, and a 66mm turbo and made 582HP with a SO pump.

I don't see 583 with a monster being a good number.

Lavon

Thats good to hear. I thought I was the only one. The guy dynoed 2 years ago with a HRVP, 200hp Bullydogs, Silver Bullet & TST Comp & had 525hp. I wasn't impressed with 583hp at all.

I am very interested in this topic! I am in need of a new VP so i will hold out as long as it lives to see the outcome.

Subscribed. My money is on a SOVP with big sticks. From all the BS I've seen with these big bad VPs :blahblah1:, the SO is by far gonna get you the most bang for your buck. For a lot more money and a few more HP, get the big VP. For a lot more money and a lot more HP, P-pump it. It's no big secret anymore.

BTW, I vote for Lavons truck to be the guinea pig. :poke:

Subscribed. My money is on a SOVP with big sticks. From all the BS I've seen with these big bad VPs :blahblah1:, the SO is by far gonna get you the most bang for your buck. For a lot more money and a few more HP, get the big VP. For a lot more money and a lot more HP, P-pump it. It's no big secret anymore.

BTW, I vote for Lavons truck to be the guinea pig. :poke:

isnt it a twins truck?

i think that most of us dont have twins so it would give us results that dont really matter to me....i dont have twins...those trucks make power at diff rpms and all kinds of other advantages with egts and such that i cant replicate without a twin setup

I dont know seeing the vid's i have with the scheid lighting vp and now the video of the dragonfire there is alot more smoke with the dragon going down the track. There is a difference between the monster and dragon compared to the SO! I am just more concerned now about Monster VS Dragon!

i had a little smaller injectors and was running a TST but i dont think a redline and a few more LPM's would be a night and day difference?

not sure if anyone has heard of him but Adam Winslett told me in person that he thinks the s.o pump is better then a hrvp44 or monster. i was going to purchase a hrvp44 from him and he said keep the s.o if its still in good shape. no details its just what he said.

not sure if anyone has heard of him but Adam Winslett told me in person that he thinks the s.o pump is better then a hrvp44 or monster. i was going to purchase a hrvp44 from him and he said keep the s.o if its still in good shape. no details its just what he said.

well i can tell you from expreience and have dyno proven results that the monster makes More power then both an SO and hrvp44 and the numbers at the track dont lie the monster shaved off a second for me.

well i can tell you from expreience and have dyno proven results that the monster makes More power then both an SO and hrvp44 and the numbers at the track dont lie the monster shaved off a second for me.

What sized injectors did you run with the SO? What injectors with the Monster?

i think with the right set up the s.o. will do better all around in d.d pulling and racing. the hp to price isnt worth it to most people. this is only word of mouth from those that experiment.

Um sorry but i dont think so, but if my Dragon fire goes out i mite throw an s.o. on there and find out

Um sorry but i dont think so, but if my Dragon fire goes out i mite throw an s.o. on there and find out

i havnt met anyone with a monster or hotrod pump that enjoyed it all the way around. they either say it puts down good numbers or they hate how it drives on the street. i would love to try one over my s.o but for 2000 bucks i dont know if the pay off is worth it for me i know a guy that dynod 30 more hp then me and the only difference was he had mach 3s and a hrvp44 and had a bell usb turbo.

I saw Steve B.'s truck run in Indy with the monster pump and was impressed at how it idled smooth and seemed to have good drivable manners. What I would like to see in a comparison dyno is a distinct number difference between all the pumps as in "SO 623HP - Monster 749HP - Dragon Fire 703HP" for example. That way someone could really tell what HP difference just the pump can make.

I don't have a preference who's truck its tested on, but I don't want to see it done on a truck that makes 450 with the SO and 600 on the Big pump because a SO pump can consistently make 600+HP.

Lavon

Back